Chapter 21

Sincere Harris

I pulled my luggage along side me after we finally received it from the conveyor belt after arriving to the Norfolk, Virginia airport. My nerves were everywhere as I allowed Jayceon and Kaylani to walk alongside me, pulling their luggage along with them. We were only staying two days, but it was something because I contemplated on not coming at all. We roamed outside, as I looked around for anyone who resembled my dad, but yet, I was lost, hoping to see my grandmother or grandfather somewhere waiting on me.

"Sincere.", I heard my name being called, grasping my attention as I looked towards the strange person. My eyes lingered on a somewhat elderly woman, who was dark skinned with grey eyes and smooth skin. She appeared to be no older than forty, but I could tell by how slow she was walking that she had to be a little older.

"Grandma?", I questioned. She had those eyes. The same eyes that once graced my father's face.

"It's me baby girl. Aw, how are you?", she cooed, pulling me into a hug. I'd only met her a couple of times growing up, but it was clear as day that she never completely forgot about us. She knew who was who like the back of her hand since she first got back in touch with me.

"I'm doing good actually, how are you?", I asked, as she finally let me go, going for Jayceon and Kaylani next.

"I'm making it baby doll. It's getting harder every day with this gout getting me.", she said, motioning for us to follow her to her car.

We made it to a chrome Escalade that was decked out with the black on black interior which made Jayceon's eyes widen. He kept eye contact with me as I simply shrugged as we placed our things in the trunk. I got into the passenger seat as they hopped into the backseat, strapping on their seat belts. My phone was vibrating against me constantly and it's been doing so all afternoon. I took the time out to remove it from my purse, realizing it was mainly Instagram notifications. It all seemed real skeptical, but I decided on checking anyway, only knowing that my social life couldn't get any worst.

@highoffju: "baby let me take ya picture before I fuck ya hair up" 🤑💓🗣___________________________________

___________________________________

@axvp.ch0p: 😘☝🏾

ch0p: 😘☝🏾