Chapter 29

Deandre Martin

The constant beeping within my left ear woke me as my eyes fluttered slightly at the dimly lit room. I peered around, slightly, realizing I wasn't in my home. The large hospital window displayed the bright sun from outside, being the only thing that lit up the room, other than my baby that was sprawled out on the recliner next to me. She had one of the hospital blankets covering her body, along with one of her hoodies and a pair of house booties on her feet. Her phone sat on the bed next to mine as I looked at the IV's hooked up to me and felt that air being shot up into my nose. My breathing was light, very far from being even as I just peered over her persona in the room. She tossed a little in her sleep, turning her body to face mine as her eyes fluttered also.

The moment of her opening her eyes and they met with mine, a small smile appeared on her face as she just looked over to me. I reached my hand out for hers, which she grabbed, holding my hand as I seen the large bandage wrap on her forearm. Slightly tilting my head over, I placed a kiss on her hand, rubbing my thumb over her fingers. Her hand was bear, but with everything I've been putting her through, it shouldn't be for too much longer. She pulled her hand away from mine, pressing the nurse button on the side of my bed, close to my heart rate monitor.

"Yes, what's the problem?", one of the nurses asked through the speaker.

"He's up.", her voice came out very groggy, as she lifted, stretching in the baggy sweatpants that were placed over her lower region.

She grabbed the small Jordan backpack from next to the recliner. A single kiss was placed upon my forehead before she headed into the bathroom connected to my room. Stretching slightly in the bed, I prepared to have to deal with these annoying ass nurses and these doctors questioning me about my issues. I allowed a sigh to roll off my lips as I heard Sincere fumbling around in the bathroom. Laying my head on the pillow, I was awaiting what was next as her phone lit up next to me, grasping my attention as I looked over to it. The name that appeared on her lock screen wasn't familiar to me, as I scrunched my face up in disgust at the message.

Cari 💚🏈 : hey short stuff, I got the tickets and shit ready for you to come pick up, just drop through before I have to go to practice at five. can't wait to see you at the game tomorrow 🤙🏾💕

I turned my lip up, reading over the message before blinking my eyes a few times to be sure they weren't deceiving me. My mind was going a mile a minute and it seemed to only get worst as I heard her coming out of the bathroom, dressed in a tan, long-sleeved shirt dress that didn't hug her mid-section too tight, but hugged her booty and thighs. A maroon pair of fenty pumas with the tan souls were placed upon her feet. An anklet graced her light ankle and a gold rolex was placed on her wrist. Her baby bump was on full display, along with her booty that sat nicely in the dress. She has been wearing her pregnancy very well.

She smiled at me as she got comfortable in the recliner next to my bed, grabbing her phone from the bed. On the side, I peered at her phone screen as she texted this "Cari" nigga back without a shame in the world, letting him know that she would be there to get the tickets. I tucked my lip under my teeth as I thought about another nigga having her and I could feel the blood within my body boiling once again.

"Who is Cari?", I asked, no longer being able to bite my tongue. I need answers and I need answers now.

"He's just a friend.", she said, assuring me with a serious look and tone.

"Is this the same friend that's been bussin' in my traps and tried to take you from me?", I asked, getting to the bottom of everything that's been running through my head.