Chapter Two: Work To Do

I walked into the Avengers building, feeling slightly better than I have over the past few months. I was slowly getting over what I had found out, although I have yet to see Tony face to face since it happened. I know that will be a whole different story.

Wanda and I greeted each other, a small hug was exchanged as I entered. Her and I grew closer and closer every day, both of us letting go of the first impressions we made on one another completely.

"Steve is already here, kicking our asses as usual," Wanda smiled, as she continued zipping up the red hoodie she was wearing. There was obvious sweat running down her forehead.

"Oh yeah? Not taking it easy on you guys?" I asked her, smirking. We continued to walk down the hallway, towards the training room.

As we walked in we saw Sam get dropped on his back as Steve stood over him. Clearly the winner of this sparring match.

"I almost had you," Sam chuckled from the ground, standing to his feet. They both instantly turned and saw Wanda and I watching them.

"Nice of you to join us," Steve said to me, as I tightened my ponytail. I walked towards the small ring, where it was my turn to spar against him.

"Kick his ass for me Morgan," Sam said as he clapped me on the back.

I saw Steve smirk out of the corner of my eye, obviously over confident now. His blue eyes never leaving me as I started circling around the ring.

"No powers okay?" Steve told me, eyes still intently on me.

"No problem sweetheart," I added cockily, making sure to keep eye contact with him. His blue eyes never leaving mine.

"You seem pretty confident," he replied, the two of us now circling one another. Not making a move yet, but I could feel both Wanda and Sam's eyes on us.

"I had a good teacher," I spoke casually. Then I lunged, striking him in the leg, one of the only weak spots he had. If you caught him just right, but he didn't stay off guard for long.

His arm came down on me, but I was able to block it, rolling out of the way. Barely missing the strike he sent, but I swept my foot, kicking his own feet out from under him. I leaped over to the side, right as his hand had tried to sweep my own feet out from under me. He jumped to his feet once more, circling me. A small smirk playing on his feet, making him look almost boyish. I couldn't mask my own grin. 

"C'mon Morgan you can take him down," Sam shouted from the side. I didn't let my eyes wonder from Steve's. I knew if I looked away he would make his move and I would be down. I went to strike once more, but he grabbed my foot, the one I kicked right for his face. I fell to the ground instantly, landing on my back, and he was on top of me. Signaling that the fight was ended, and I had lost.

I watched out of the corner of my eye as Sam slid Wanda a small bill. Steve stood up first, giving me his hand. I was hoisted up and made my way to the edge of the mat we were on. 

"You betted against me Maximoff?" I asked in mock offense, throwing my hand over my heart. "I am glad to know Wilson is on my side."

"He only betted on you because he thought you could use your powers," Wanda smirked, her accent thick. I watched as Sam put his head down sheepishly, and Steve let out a laugh beside me. 

I gave him a shove, laughing now too. 

"He's lucky I wasn't allowed to," I smirked. "Otherwise Wanda would owe you money."

All of a sudden all of our phones beeped, signaling there was something going on. We all turned serious, reaching for our devices. 

"Let's go everyone," Steve said quickly, leading the way out of the room. All of us were following close behind. 

There was no time to waste.

~A/N Hey everyone I know this chapter was super short, but it is just a filler chapter for the next one! I promise it will be longer and much better!

Also I am super sorry for the lack of update, I just needed some time off. I just finished my first full term of college, and I have been super busy with work. I work retail and it has been so busy with Christmas.

Good news though, I finally figured out what I am for sure going to school for now.

Now enough of my excuses, please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed it, I love seeing everyones comments. They absolutely make my day and make me want to do a good job for all of you!~