Chapter Twenty-Six: Escape Route

I watched as Steve went for his shield and Spider-Man webbed up both his hands, but before I could help Steve yanked on the webs, hard. Flipping as Spider-Man was sent hurdling at him, sending him right into the ground.

I forced Steve's shield into his hands, not waiting another second.

"He's right though," I said to Steve. "Your legs are your weak point."

"Thanks for that," he replied, giving me one of his award winning smiles. I couldn't help but laugh in return, amidst all of this chaos, we still had each other.

But, we didn't have long, Spidey was up and ready in no time. Sending a web straight for my feet and yanking them out from under me.

"Now who's leg are the weak point?" Steve asked sarcastically, but a web was sent flying for him now.

He threw his shield up in defense, then yanked hard and Spider-Man was pulled straight for Steve. He then used his shield to knock Spidey down, sending him right on his ass. I was busy using my energy blasts to dissolve the web from around my legs.

"This stuff is really a bitch to get off," I muttered, as I finally got the last of it to unstick, standing next to Steve now.

"Language," Steve told me. I gave him an incredulous look, not sure why it mattered. "He's a kid."

Spider-Man leaped on top of the freight beside us, out of our reach.

"So did Stark tell you anything else?" I asked him, wondering what Tony was spilling out about us.

"That you're wrong, that you think you're right," the kid explained, serious now. "That makes you dangerous."

He then flipped backwards, launching himself towards us. I ducked quickly as Steve turned and sent a kick right into his chest, sending him into the metal bar keeping up the huge metal box the kid was on.

"I guess he was right," Steve said.

He gave me a nod and I sent an energy blast for the other metal leg keeping up the metal box, letting it fall, Spider-Man quickly caught it as it came down on him.

"You got heart, kid. Where you from?" Steve asked him quickly, seemingly impressed with him.

"Queens," the kid let out, still trying to hold the box up.

"Brooklyn," Steve responded before nodding at me, and we both took off running.

"Do you think it was okay? To leave him back there like that?" I asked Steve, slightly concerned for the kid.

"Trust me, I think he can handle it," Steve replied, easing my thoughts.

I ran fast, trying to keep up with Steve, we both saw Bucky and ran towards him. Ducking behind a couple of boxes, trying to keep from being spotted.

"We gotta go," I told them, knowing our time was running out.

"That guys probably in Siberia by now," Bucky responded, on the same page as me.

"We gotta draw out the flyers," Steve said, knowing we were right. There wasn't anymore time to waste. We had to get moving if we wanted to stop this guy. With our without stopping Tony and his side. "I'll take Vision, you two get to the jet. You too Sam." Steve finished into the ear piece.

"No I'll take Vision," I argued back, knowing I at least had a chance against him with my powers. Not a large chance, but a small one. "I can handle him."

"No you all get to the jet!" Sam protested. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

I went to say something, to tell them I would stay and fight with them, but before I could Clint spoke up.

"Mo, you'll be more help with them, don't even think about fighting it. As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one some of us might have to loose it."

"This isn't the real fight Steve," Sam said into our earpieces.

"All right Sam," I started, looking over at Steve. "What's our play?"

"We need a diversion, something big," Sam replied, and I knew he was right. There would be no other way for us to sneak to the jet without anyone noticing. Even with the distraction it would be hard. They were too determined to stop us.

"I got something kinda big. But I can't hold it very long," Scott spoke up. "On my signal run like hell. And if I tear myself in half don't come back for me."

"Wait a second, he's going to tear himself in half?" I asked, not wanting someone to literally rip themselves apart for us.

"Are you sure about this, Scott?" Steve asked him, making sure this was really what Scott wanted to do.

"I do it all the time. I mean, once. In a lab. Then I passed out," Scott replied, not making me feel any better about this.

"I hope this works," I said, feeling myself feel worried, knowing there was no guarantee any of us would walk away from this.

"It'll be fine," Buck said, giving me an assuring nod. I nodded back, surpressing any more of the nerves I was feeling.

I looked up to see Scott, who was now huge. He was stories high off the ground.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, looking amazed. "He's huge!"

"I guess that's the signal," Steve said, looking just as amazed as I was feeling.

Steve latched onto my hand and the three of us went sprinting across the airport. I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, no thinking about how my lungs were burning, like my heart was going to leap out of my chest at any moment. The adrenaline carried me through it all.

I kept running even though I could hear all the destruction going on behind us, there was nothing that was going to stop us now.

As we were running I saw the tower beside us being torn down by Vision, the gem stone cutting right through the concrete. It was going to fall right in our path. I stopped, using all the force I had to keep it from falling further, I could feel the power draining from me, but I would keep it up no matter what.

Steve faltered for a moment, looking around, realizing what I was doing.

"Go! I got this," I told him, not wanting to lose this entire thing because of me.

But then, I saw the familiar red cast of energy flowing around my blue cast, and looked to see Wanda now.

"You go with them Morgan, I can handle this," Wanda told me, assuring me she had it.

"Thank you," I mouthed before teleporting beside Steve now, running once more beside him and Buck.

Something must have happened because all of a sudden the tower started to fall faster, someone must have gotten to wand.

"Grab his hand," I shouted at Steve, gripping onto his own hand. As soon as I saw him grab Bucky I teleported all three of us into the hangar where the jet was.

Then I was faced with the one person I didn't want to fight in all of this madness, a friend. No, a sister.

~Hey everyone! I'm trying to get back to updating regularly. Thank you all for your patience and love on this story. I can't get enough of it. It means so much to me!

QOTC: Do you like how the story is going so far?

If you answer the QOTC I'll make sure to shout you out in the next chapter, which will hopefully be uploaded no later than Tuesday!

As always if you enjoyed please leave a vote or comment, they're all super appreciated. I read each and every one.~