Chapter Thirty-Four: The Bond Is Broken

I felt two strong arms grab me tightly out of Tony's metal ones. I gripped onto Steve with everything I had, not letting go. 

Not once did his hands let go of me. He took the brunt of the fall, the impact all on him. I rolled out of his arms, getting to my feet. Scrambling to his side. Grabbing his face in my hands now, my worry taking over.

"Are you okay? Steve?" I asked hurriedly, gripping tightly. His hands grabbed mine, reassuring me he was okay. I let out a sigh of relief. 

"You saved me," I told him wrapping my arms around his neck, he slung his own around me. I felt suddenly safe, even in this dire situation. One I put us in, once more my past trying to take me down. Something I was tired of, I was ready to win this fight. I was tired of my past taking over, it was my turn to sit in the drivers seat. 

"I couldn't let my best girl down," he said, still catching his own breathe. I laughed a little as I let out a breathe I didn't even know I was holding. His arms still held tight around me, as if he was afraid to let go. I knew I was. 

But, we didn't stay there long, both getting to our feet quickly as we heard the clanking of Tony's suit behind us. I knew this wasn't done. 

"Isn't this sweet," Tony said bitterly. His eyes burning into mine as he spoke, I could see all of the devastation, the pain. As if every angry thought he ever had about me was all there, I didn't have to go into his mind to know what he was thinking. It was all right there. 

What made me sick was this justified every single thing he ever thought about me. As if every time he thought I was evil or couldn't be trusted, this proved him to be right. Everything I worked towards, to prove to the team, to Tony, has all gone down the drain. 

"This isn't going to change what happened," Steve said to him, ignoring the comment all together. If we could just get him to listen, maybe we could avoid all of this. I knew we wouldn't all be holding hands, but maybe we could avoid whatever ending we were hurtling towards.

"Tony, I didn't mean to, it wasn't me. This isn't who I am," I said, almost pleading with him. I wanted this to stop. Even though I was never scared of a fight, I knew this wouldn't end well. I didn't want it to come to this. 

"I don't care," Tony replied, his mind made up. He wouldn't stop until he destroyed us. Or until we destroyed him.  He looked to Steve now, as if he was the biggest betrayer in all of this. My heart seized as I knew none of this was his fault, it was mine. It was Hydra's. "She killed my mom. They killed my mom."

Then, he lunged for me. As soon as he grabbed me Steve tackled him, pulling him down. All three of us falling. I let out a yelp as my head made contact with the floor. I felt as if I was seeing stars, the room spinning all around me. 

I looked over, helplessly, as the two started throwing punches. I felt like I needed to get up, had to get up. As they continued to hit one another, I tried to get to my feet, everything spinning. I stumbled as I finally made it to my feet. I ran over towards Steve and Tony, tackling Tony to the ground. Changing up the fight. 

I had him a lock, holding tightly, my feet wrapped tightly around his waist. He used his blaster to propel us towards a wall, my back slamming into the wall behind us. My grip released as I fell to the ground once more. 

I looked up to see the repulser staring me down, it glowing bright as he powered it up. Before I could block anything Steve jumped in front of me, his shield taking the impact. The blast rebounded off, hitting Tony in the chest sending him flying backwards.

"You need to get out of here," Steve yelled at me, his voice breaking at the end. I must have looked pretty beat up, I could feel blood dribbling down my chin. The fight was really taking it out of me, I wanted nothing more than to do what he said.

"I won't leave you," I replied stubbornly. Rising to my feet once more, the determination giving me strength. 

But, we didn't have long. Tony flew over snatching me away from Steve. He slammed me on the ground, I moved my head quickly as his fist hit the ground beside me. 

I held my hand up to his helmet, using what I could to blast him. He stumbled off of me, I swiped his feet out from under him. His turn to slam on the ground now. I got to my feet, I saw Steve's shield, forcing it into my hands. I slammed it into Tony, sending him flying into the concrete pillar behind us. My own strength scaring me. 

He blasted me once more, I threw the shield up in front me, but it sent me flying. The shield flinging out of my hands. I saw Bucky pick it up, using it to help Steve. The two of them fighting Tony together, looking like a team. 

We needed to end this fight. 

~A/N Hey everyone hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hopefully you all liked it!

QOTC: Do you think Tony is right to hold this grudge against Morgan? Do you think she has changed since her past? Does she deserve redemption?

If you enjoyed it please leave a vote or comment. I love seeing all of your comments and answering them. You all are amazing.

Also- a little side note- I just uploaded two new stories.. A Maze Runner and Game of Thrones one.. So if you're interested please check them out. Would love to see what you all think! If not, no worries, I still would love to see your thoughts on this chapter :)~