Chapter Ten: I Won't

We piled into the small car, the leather inside was peeling and it smelled like old feet. I sat in the back, staring out the window. Barely listening to the car radio humming in the background. I could feel Steve's gaze on me every now and then through the rearview mirror. Each time I pretended not to notice.

He sent me several brain messages, but I only ignored them. Pretending to be nursing a headache in the back seat. I hated keeping him out, but there was too much circulating in my own mind to let someone else in.

"Are we almost there?" Steve asked Sam, his eyes once more flickering towards me. I watched as Sam's gaze followed Steve's. Both seeming to feel the tension radiating off my body.

"We're close. Are you two ready?" Sam asked us, motioning towards Steve who had suggested we get out fast to change into our suits. Knowing we would probably need them.

"We need to change fast and out of sight," Steve replied quickly. I gave a nod, motioning to the small backpack beside me that held everything I needed.

Sam pulled off the road, allowing for us to be near lots of building complexes. But there were plenty of hidden roads and alleyways. Plenty of shadows.

Steve followed me closely, keeping a short distance between him and I. Trying not to raise any suspicion.

As soon as we were enclosed in the dark, I quickly yanked my suit out of the backpack. Sliding off my hoodie and tank top easily. I turned and saw Steve in the same process, his blue Captain America suit peeking out of his own backpack.

I quickly looked away when he turned his attention towards me. I took off my jeans, and quickly slipped into my leather suit. Zipping up my boots, slipping my knives here and there.

"Are you good?" I asked him, turning to see him in his own attire. Steve always looked so handsome in his uniform. I could barely take my eyes off of him now, but there was too much for me to tell him now. So much I wanted to open up about, but not sure where to start.

"I'm ready," he replied, blue eyes staring me down. I could feel him wanting me to open up. I knew I wanted to, but I wasn't sure how.

I nodded, I went to walk away but before I got too far Steve grabbed my hand. He whipped me around and into his arms, his grip tight but soft. His hands went to either side of my cheeks, then he kissed me. I let myself fall into the kiss, my arms wrapping around his neck, letting myself go.

It was as if the entire world stood still. I remembered why I married him, I remembered who it was standing beside me. Someone I should never push away.

Then we heard an awkward cough to the side, I pulled away unwillingly. I looked and saw Steve's cheek a truly rose color. Sam stood there, arms crossed, but smugness was written all over his face.

"Did you two forget why we are here?" he asked, but I could tell he was amused.

I watched Steve try to fumble for an excuse. I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"When you're married maybe you'll understand Wilson," I replied, sending him a smirk. Taking off at a run in the shadows, we were heading for Bucky's apartment. It wasn't far off from where Sam dropped us off.

Sam turned and went another direction, he was going to be our eyes and ears up top. While Steve and I handled Bucky together.

While we were running, I couldn't quite hold everything in. I knew I couldn't tell Steve everything I was feeling, there was simply not enough time.

"Steve, listen I haven't been acting very fair to you," I started, keeping up our jogging pace. He didn't slow down, but I knew he was listening. "I'm sorry for pushing you away. We'll settle all of this when we get a chance, I promise."

"Good, you can tell me anything Mo," he said, slowly coming to a stop. We arrived at the building. There was nothing left to do but go in.

We had to confront Bucky.

~A/N Thank you so much for reading so far! I know this chapter is short but it's just a filler. If I get 5 votes I'll post the next chapter tomorrow! I love writing this story and hope you all enjoy it just as much!

QOTC: What did you think of Steve and Morgan almost making up?

Please if you liked this chapter leave a vote or comment!~