Chapter Twenty-Four: It All Goes To Hell

We ran as fast as we could, dodging the several balls of web coming at us. This kid was relentless, and fast. I ducked quickly as I saw Spider-Ma lunge for me, I teleported again as he turned coming back for me. 

"Too slow kid," I said easily, although I was already running out of breathe. Then, there was a web over my mouth. I let out a string of profanities, all muffled by the web. I could hear the kid laughing, I sent a mild energy blast, sending him flying into the wall. That laughing stopped. 

But, the kid wasn't down for long. He had a lot of endurance I'll give him that. I could feel myself starting to worry over Steve, I knew he could handle himself, but there was only so much a person could take. 

However, I think I was needed here, for now. I dodged yet another web. But, suddenly, my foot was caught in the one of his slings and he yanked my foot out from under me. I hit the ground hard, my chin knocking down on the concrete. 

"Shit," I muttered, I turned to see Bucky and Sam weren't doing so well either. 

"Are we really letting this kid kick our asses?" I asked them both, rubbing my chin. I looked down and saw blood, I knew I would be fine, but I was tired of playing games. 

I watched as Sam distracted him and Bucky threw a huge airport sign at him, I easily rolled myself behind one of the large pillars. I peeked my head around in time to see him dodge the sign. 

"Dammit," Bucky muttered, knowing it was going to take more to take this him down. If we even could, or were we all subconsciously holding back, knowing he couldn't be more than seventeen?

"Hey buddy I think you lost this," Spider-Man said quickly flinging the sign back at Bucky, who was not expecting it. 

I quickly teleported beside him, tackling him out of the way just in time, the sign almost crumbling the pillar he had been hiding behind. 

Sam was able to land a kick in, but he only slung his web on the ceiling, being able to get the upper hand now. 

"Sam, watch out," I yelled, but it was too late. I watched helplessly as the kid webbed Sam's wings, blocking them from working. He went crashing down onto one of the glass structures. 

Then, Spider-Man webbed him to the railing behind him, both hands not able to move.

"Those wings carbon fiber?" the kid asked him.

"Is this stuff coming out of you?" Sam asked him in disbelief, both Bucky and I paused for a moment, keeping our distance. We wanted to wait to make our move, if we made one. There was something holding me back. 

"That would explain the rigidity-flexibility ratio which, gotta say, is awesome man," Spider-Man said excitedly, as if this was all one big field trip for him. 

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before but there's usually not this much talking," Sam answered, his tone short. 

"All right sorry, my bad," Spider-Man said back to him, slinging his web going for a kick. I watched as Bucky leapt in front of Sam, taking the brunt of the kick. Both went flying back. 

Then Bucky's hand was webbed down, I turned to look to see Spider-Man talking, I was still in my hiding spot. It seemed the kid had forgotten about me, or so I thought. 

I turned to move but then he webbed me up to one of the pillars I was hiding behind, making sure my hands were behind my back. 

"There, now you can't do that weird blue hand thing," Spider-Man said to me, proud of his plan. 

"You're right I can't," I told him, but then I looked behind him through the glass, being able to see outside where more fighting was going on. "But, I got to go."

I closed my eyes and teleported, the familiar whoosh going through me as I made it to my destination outside. Buck and Sam would have to find there own way out of Spider-Man's hands, and webbing. 

I looked over and saw Steve fighting War Machine, trying his best to dodge what Rhodes was throwing at him. That heavy metal would not feel good, even if you were a super soldier. 

I teleported beside him, watching his back. Our backs were to each other, not letting anything sneak up on the other. 

"Nice of you to return," Steve said to me, I knew he had to be smiling. 

"Well, I finished babysitting thought I would come join the real fun," I told him, almost laughing. 

Then, War Machine came down on Steve, barely missing as Steve flung him over his shoulder. Before Rhodes even hit the ground, Black Panther was rushing me. I threw one energy bolt at his feet, knocking him down. I then used all my strength forcing his body further away from us into one of the crates to the side.

"You're getting stronger," Steve remarked, looking proudly at me, his smile remarkable. 

"Thanks to a certain someone pushing me to be my best self," I replied, almost blushing now. We didn't have long to stay in our moment. Scott came running over to us, hopefully with something useful. 

"Hey, Cap, heads up," Scott said, tossing him a small truck. "Throw it at this." 

"Now!" Scott threw the small disk in the direction of Rhodes, Steve not wasting anytime tossed the truck right where Scott said. 

Then the small 'toy' truck turned into a life size one, flying in the air right for War Machine. As the truck hit both the ground and Rhodes it burst into flames, I could see Nat and T'Challa jumping out of the way of the blast. 

"Oh man, I thought it was a water truck," Scott said, looking between both Cap and I. "Uh, sorry." 

Then the three of us took off running, there was still much fighting to do.

~A/N Hey everyone! I am so so sorry for my absence lately. I feel really awful about it, I have just been busy and frankly not inspired to write. I hope that this will re-spark my fire, I usually go through this each book and my desire always comes back! So thank you all for being super patient with me, you're the best! 

QOTC: Favorite part of this chapter? 

Also I want to jumpstart my new Avengers Imagines book if any of you would want to ask for something that would be amazing.. But of course you don't have to! I am not trying to push it on you guys! It would be really appreciated!

Please if you enjoyed this chapter leave a vote or comment, it helps inspire me. I love seeing what each of you have to write in the comment sections, it always makes me really happy! ~