Chapter Twenty-Three: The End of an Era

"Easy on the insults Stark," I warned, my voice coming out harsh. There was an edge to it, one I knew Tony could sense. But, he only flickered his eyes in my direction, continuing to lash out at Steve. 

"Dragging in Clint, 'rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep," Tony's voice broke for a moment. "I'm trying to keep you, both of you, from tearing the Avengers apart." 

"Funny that you want to blame us for that," I said to him, knowing it was not only one sides fault. 

"You did that when you signed," Steve said, backing up my statement. That there was more than one party to blame. The entire team was at odds, there was no one clear way to fix this. But, it was not making it any easier when Tony would not listen to what we had to say. 

"All right. We're done," Tony said simply, his face more serious than ever. "You're gonna turn Barnes over, you two are going to come with us, now, because it's us or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite."

Steve and I only looked at each other for a moment, both staying calm. There was a clear understanding between us. 

"Are you ready?" I sent in a brain message.

"I have your back," Steve replied, comforting me. 

"And I have yours." 

"Come on," Tony almost begged, trying one last time for us to come peacefully. He wanted us to completely give in, but he wasn't willing to compromise himself. 

"We found it," I heard in my earpiece, signaling that Sam had found what we needed. I looked over at Steve, who gave me a small nod. Something so small that anyone else would have not taken any note of it. I knew he had heard it too, it was game time. "Their Quinjet's in hangar five, north runway."

Then, Steve held up his hands, and I knew what to do from there. 

"Well, I'm bored. This was fun while it lasted," I said quickly, lighting my hands up. Using the blue energy to melt the spider web off my hands. Sending Spider-Man a wink as the web dissolved. 

"Woah," I heard Spider-Man say from the side. I smirked, looking up at Steve's hand. 

Watching as one of Clint's arrows soared through the sky, releasing Steve from his own bounds. That's when everyone jumped into action. Tony instantly put his helmet back on, turning to see if anyone else had shown up yet. 

"Alright Lang," Steve said, then almost out of nowhere Lang turns to his normal size, swiping the shield from Spider-Man. Returning it to Steve.

"I believe this is yours Captain America," Lang said to Steve, handing over the shield proudly. 

I watched as Tony took off, probably seeing some of our people, wanting to take care of things. I heard him ask Rhodes something. 

"Rhodey, you want to take care of cap?" he asked him, there was not much time for a reply because Tony took off. 

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes," Rhodes replied, lifting himself off the ground now. 

"Barnes is mine," Black Panther said, taking off at a run. 

Steve threw his shield at Rhodes in the sky, making him go off balance. 

I took off running for T'Challa, not wanting him to get ahold of Bucky, I used my powers throwing a huge piece of metal at him, throwing him off balance. 

He stood up proudly, assessing the situation. My hands were glowing a deep blue. 

"Your majesty," I said sarcastically, I knew he was just as unhappy with me as he was with Barnes. 

"Mrs. Rogers," he replied coldly, his accent heavy. "I don't wish to hurt you." 

"Good thing I don't get hurt easily," I said, throwing one of the energy blasts at him, hitting him in the chest, causing him to go flying backwards. I thought he was going to come after me, but instead kept running, that is when Steve came flying past me, throwing his shield at T'Challa now. 

"I had this," I told him, not wanting him to think he had to protect me every five minutes. 

"I know you did," Steve replied easily, giving me one of his smiles. I couldn't stay upset with that for long. 

Steve grabbed onto him, tossing him behind both of us. 

"Move Captain," T'Challa said threateningly. "I won't ask a second time. I already gave your wife here a second warning. There will not be another." 

He jumped in the air, kicking at Steve, who used his shield to block each move. Then, he his fist came flying at me, I teleported quickly out of the way. Not letting him hit me, although I could tell he was frustrated, there was no time to gloat. 

I looked up and saw Spider-Man going after Bucky and Sam, I looked over at Steve who was still battling T'Challa.

I sent an energy blast at him while he wasn't looking, knocking him off of Steve. 

"You got this?" I asked, signaling where I was going. I watched as his eyes followed, instantly understanding.

"Go, I got it," Steve told me quickly, as T'Challa was up and fighting again. 

I watched as Spider-Man flung himself through the window, I teleported in right behind him. I saw as he flung into Sam, then Bucky went to punch him with his metal arm, and I froze as Spider-Man caught it in his hand with ease. Bucky looked over seeing me now, his eyes wide in disbelief. 

"You have a metal arm?" Spidey asked in amazement. "That is awesome dude."

I looked over at Sam, who was now on his feet,I signaled to him what I was planning. He nodded, and while Spidey wasn't paying attention I used all my concentration throwing him up in the air with my powers while Sam flew by grabbing him in mid air. 

But it quickly backfired as Spider-Man set himself free, webbing onto the wall and was quickly out of Sam's grasp. I groaned, looking over at Bucky.

"Well I tried," I said exasperated, knowing there was still much to do. 

This was only the beginning of the fight. 

~A/N Wow! The beginning of all the fighting! I hope you all liked how I played it out, I am trying to involve my storyline with theirs, so hopefully it all makes sense!

QOTC: What do you think of Morgan's fighting style? 

If I can get 7 comments before midnight tonight I will post the next chapter tomorrow!!~