Chapter Fifteen: This Was Not Part of the Plan

We stood in the room, looking over everyone outside, the glass allowing us to see through and watch the televisions. Although we couldn't hear, the small TV in the room we were in was turned off, they didn't think we should be allowed to listen. 

We saw the doctor who was evaluating Bucky sit down, putting his briefcase on the table in front of him. Sam was sitting down, now in the room with us. I was standing, not able to take my eyes off the screen. 

"The receipt for your costumes," Sharon said, handing the paper to Sam. 

"'Bird costume'? Come on," Sam said.

"I didn't write it," Sharon told him, her voice annoyed. Probably had been a long day for her. It couldn't be easy working with the rogue Avengers. We were all trying to get a closer look at what was going on in the room where Bucky was, I knew there would be some answers there. 

Then the small TV came on in the room, showing Bucky, the sound on and everything. 

I turned to see Sharon, I gave her a thankful smile. She gave me a small one in return, exiting the room. 

"I'm not here to judge you," the doctor told Bucky. "I just want to ask you a few questions." 

I could feel my anxiety rise as the doctor spoke, not sure how to feel about all of this. Especially because in many ways I felt just as guilty. I felt as if that could be, should be, me in his shoes.

"Do you know where you are James?" the doctor first asked, his accent thick. There was no reply from Bucky, the silence sitting heavy between the two. "I can't help if you don't talk to me James." 

"My name is Bucky," he spoke, I was surprised to hear him talk. I don't know what I was expecting, but I didn't think he would cooperate so easily. 

Steve turned around and saw one of the photos from the bombing. 

"Why would the Task Force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked. 

"Get the word out maybe? Maybe they're trying to get as many people involved," I told him, grabbing for some answers. 

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding," Steve replied. "Set off a bomb get your picture taken, use one of the Avengers names to get even more attention." 

"It gets seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier," I said, following Steve's train of thought. "You're thinking someone framed him to find him?"

"Steve, all three of us looked for the guy for three years and found nothing," Sam added, looking unsure of what we were implying. 

"We didn't bomb the UN, although maybe we should have. It got a lot of people looking," I replied, looking back at the television screen. 

"But, that doesn't guarantee whoever framed him would get him," Sam said, once more trying to point out some reason. "It guarantees that we would."

"Tell me Bucky, you've seen a great deal haven't you," the doctor said. I turned my attention back to the TV, not being able to take my eyes off of what was unfolding. I felt there were answers about to be unlocked, for my past. 

"I don't wanna talk about it," he replied back, not going into any details, something I understood on a deep level.

"You fear that if you open your mouth, the horror might never stop," the doctor explained, I stepped even closer to the TV now. I felt as if I were in that chair, listening to the doctor. Flashes of Tony's parents entering my mind. Their cold dead eyes haunting my thoughts. "Don't worry. We only have to talk about one."

 The power went dead, the TV shutting off. 

"No!"I shouted, banging my hand on the table. Then a thought popped into my head, I saw the room they were in, I knew where they were. I had seen, all I had to do was picture and I could teleport in there.

"Morgan-" Steve said warning me, as if he knew where I was going, what I was thinking.

"I have to get answers," I said back, evaporating. I felt the rush that goes along with teleporting and I was in the room with the doctor and Bucky. 

"Looks like we have a guest, someone I only read about," the doctor said behind me, I felt a cold piece metal locked around my neck. It was one of the power stabilizers, I knew it right away, the powers were drained from my body. There was an electrifying shock sent throughout my body, I was brought to my knees.

"This is so you don't fight so hard," the doctor stated, I saw Bucky's eyes on me. He looked desperate to help, I could see him fighting against the restraints, nothing was budging. 

"You both were my goals, I just knew you would come Agent. Always being one for action rather than thoughts," he said, sending another shock through the neck piece. 

"Son of a bitch," I replied through gasps of air, my body shaking from the electricity.

"Now let's get started," he said, taking out a book with the Winter Soldier logo on it.

"Longing. Rusted. Seventeen," I could hear the doctor saying in Russian. I felt my entire body go rigid. 

"No," I muttered, feeling myself loose control. I felt as if there was something controlling me. 

"Stop!" I screamed louder, holding my hands over my ears, dropping to the floor. My hands were glowing bright blue now, I could feel the power intensify, whole body shaking. 

"Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One." he continued, I was on the floor shaking now, my entire body betraying me. I could hear Bucky in the chamber, punching at the glass, almost free. If he could get out, he could save us.

"Freight car."

I felt my entire body stop, I stood up. My mind trapped, begging myself to stop, but it was no use. I was ready to comply.

~A/N Hey everyone! So so sorry for the long wait for this update! I have had the craziest past two weeks, school and work have been no joke! 

But I worked really hard on this chapter and can't wait to see what you all think! Let me know in the comments!

QOTC: What do you think of Morgan being brainwashed? 

Anyways, as always if you liked it please leave a vote or comment! It is all so appreciated and if I can get 6 people to answer the QOTC I will post the next chapter tonight!~