Chapter Twelve: The Hell Is The Guy?

I watched  silently as they fought one another, waiting for Steve to catch up. Bucky and the mystery man fought it out, each matching one another. Steve finally caught up to me, I didn't think it would be wise to go in alone. 

"Who the hell is this guy?" Sam muttered into the ear piece.

"That's exactly what I said," I replied, still not sure what to think of Cat-man over there. "I think I'll call him Cat-man."

"I don't know who he is, but we're about to find out," Steve replied, backing up as if he were going to jump the stretch between the two buildings. I gave him a look, warning him not to even attempt to jump. Since my powers have been stronger I can teleport are than one person. 

"Sam, southwest rooftop," I told him , before grabbing onto Steve's hand. Gripping it tightly, not wanting anything to go wrong. 

I felt the familiar rush as I was teleported from one side of the building to the next, Steve and I both in tact. I let out a sigh of relief, Steve gave me a nod as if it to say 'it's okay'.

But, we didn't have long to relax, a helicopter was closing in. Bullets started raining down, Steve hovered over me with his shield, the bullets bouncing off easily. I watched and saw them do the same off of Cat-man's suit. 

"Did you see that?" I asked Steve quickly, he gave me a nod, but jumped into action quickly. 

"Sam," Steve said , letting him know to take care of the helicopter. I watched as he kicked the end wing, spiraling the copter out of the way. The two went running, both of them getting away. I ran as fast as I could, not wanting to use all of my powers right now. Saving it for if I truly need them. 

Steve was right behind me, we both jumped over, landing easily on the edge. 

"We have to jump,  I can't use all my energy now," I told him. 

"Hold on," he replied, a small smirk showing on his lips. I knew he loved when this kind of thing happened, he loved playing my knight in shining armor. I couldn't help but roll my eyes playfully, but we couldn't stay in our moment long. The two were running away, and neither Steve or I wanted them out of our sights. 

Steve quickly wrapped his arm tightly around my waist, I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my entire body. He leapt off the side of the building, his hold never faltering. He let the shield take the blunt of the fall, I landed on top of him, quickly rolling off and taking off at a run. I could hear him right behind me, easily catching up now. 

Then the helicopter came flying in once more, the sky raining bullets all around us. I forced as many as I could out of the way, my powers not failing me, yet. I watched as Bucky, then the mysterious Cat-man jumped down onto one of the highways. 

Steve and I ran, he grabbed my hand as we both leaped down after the them. I hit the pavement, doing a roll. I could feel a scratch get ripped into my suit, but I was on my feet in the next instance. Not wanting to be slowed down by anything. Steve and I were far behind the two now, and there were cops shouting at us.

"Stand down!" I could hear them shouting at us, the car sirens echoing in the tunnels. Steve gave me a look, grabbed me by the waist and flung us onto the nearest on coming car. I could feel the wind knocked out of my chest, but I quickly rolled over the hood, reaching into the passengers seat and grabbing the cop, flinging him out of the car. Steve did the same to the driver, then knocked out the windshield, taking off. 

I felt the entire car shake as the man we still had no clue why he was there, grabbed onto the back of the car.

"You have got to be kidding me," I  muttered, rolling down my window. I started to crawl out, wanting to get him off this car, and off our backs.