Chapter Twenty-One: New Friends

I looked over at the white van that pulled up beside us, Steve and I were holdings hands. Both of us feeling some sort of relief over what I had remembered, giving both of us a small piece of mind. Feeling closer than ever, I didn't want to let him go.

Clint walke around, "Cap, Morgan."

"Clint," I said excitedly, running over and hugging him. Things had been good since we talked everything out, going back to the relationship we once had.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice," Steve told him, I turned around giving him a look.

"I can't believe neither of you told me that you called him," I said, although I couldn't even pretend to be upset.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favor, and we can't give away all our secrets," Clint said to me. Then he turned, nodding towards Wanda who had came out of the passenger seat. "Plus, I owe a debt."

"Thanks for having our back," Steve said to Wanda, I sent her a grateful smile, which she returned.

"It was time to get off my ass," she replied, accent thick.

"You're damn right," I told her, smiling even more now. Feeling as if this small support could help us in our case.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked, looking towards the van.

"Yeah! Does he have X-ray vision or something? How about ice powers?" I asked, rubbing my hands together.

"Easy, you've been reading too many comic books," Clint replied, giving me a small shove. I only laughed.

"But, really how is the new recruit?" I asked, wanting to know who else was going to be on our little band of 'rebels'.

"He's rarin' to go," Clint told us, sliding open the van door. "Had to put a little coffee in him.. but he should be good."

As the door slammed open, the man inside jolted awake. He looked around, slightly confused, but climbing out the van excitedly.

Steve and I stood side by side, my arms were crossed. Sam was now beside us, Bucky still leaned against the car.

"What time zone is this?" the man asked, looking around a little groggily. I snorted a chuckle, barely able to keep it in.

"Come on," Clint said to him, pushing him in our directions. He looked over Steve, looking mesmerized. I hope I didn't look that way when I first met Steve.

"Captain America," he said, shaking Steve's hand vigorously. Looking almost infatuated by him.

"Mr. Lang," Steve told him, still shaking his hand.

"I'm shaking your hand too long," Lang told him, realizing his own awkward handshake. "Wow! This is awesome!"

"This must be Agent Sm-?" he started using my old last name.

"Agent Rogers, but you can just call me Mrs. America," I told him seriously as he shook my hand, I saw his face go hard. I chuckled. "I'm kidding, you can call me Morgan."

"Nice to meet you!" he said enthusiastically again. "Wow, Captain America, Agent Rogers. I know you too, you're great." Lang finished, pointing at Wanda.

Lang then looked at Steve again, putting his hands on his shoulder for a second.

"Jeez," he said, looking more amazed then before. "Ah, look I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so.. thanks for thinking of me," Lang told us, looking between the two of us now.

"Hey man," Lang then said, looking over at Sam.

"Hey Tic Tac," Sam told him, as if he were an old friend. I looked between the two of them, trying to make the connection.

"Uh, good to see you," Lang started. "Look, what happened last time when I.."

"It was a great audition but it'll never happen again," Sam said sternly, I looked at him once more. I thought about entering his mind for a moment, but I knew he wouldn't like it. But, then I couldn't help myself. I looked inside, saw the memory that was at the front of his mind, where Lang gave it to Sam.

I then burst out laughing, probably looking crazy. But I saw Sam's face light up with realization.

"You-" I started pointing at Lang, still laughing. But, Sam rushed over, placing his hand over my mouth.

"Morgan here is a little unstable sometimes," Sam said smoothly, pulling me to the side.

"Don't," he told me sternly, before walking back. "It wasn't that funny by the way."

"Okay, Sam, whatever you say buddy," I said again, chuckling to myself. I saw Steve had a small smile on his face, probably enjoying that I was having a little bit of fun. But, he turned serious again as he went back to talk to Lang.

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked him.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Lang replied, looking between Bucky and I now.

"We're outside of the law on this one," Steve warned him. "So, if you come with us you're a wanted man."

"Yeah, well. What else is new?" Lang asked him.

"We should get moving," Bucky spoke up now, the first time he has said anything since the car trip.

"We got a chopper lined up," Clint informed us.

Then, there were sirens going off over the speakers. Whoever was speaking was talking in German, the accent thick.

"What the hell?" I asked, looking around, moving closer to Steve.

"They're evacuating the airport," Bucky said calmly.

"Stark," Sam said, looking sure of his answer.

"You think?" I asked him, looking at Steve now. There was worry all over my face I just knew it.

"Stark?" Lang asked.

"Suit up," Steve told all of us, grabbing my hand and taking me towards the car where our stuff was.

"This is going to be fun," I hissed, as I grabbed my backpack from the trunk. Reaching in and pulling out my leather suit.

"Just, stay calm okay. This will all be fine," Steve told me, pushing a loose strand out of my face. "We have each other."

"You're right," I told him, smiling.

"Let's end this."