Chapter Thirty-Nine: Time's Up

"How are we going to get out of here?" Bucky asked frantically, I could feel the tension in the room. All three of us feeling trapped. 

I moved the curtain slightly, peeking out to see the mayhem below us. I searched with my mind and could feel General Ross' presence. 

"He's not here to play," I said quickly, letting the curtain fall back into its place. "I can't see the ship from here. We're going to have to get to the roof." 

"We need to move now," Steve finished, already moving around the room. 

"Will you be okay?" Buck asked me, his eyes moving to the missing limb once more. Something I'm sure I won't get used to. 

"I'll be fine, it won't slow me down," I assured him, slipping on my boots quickly. The adrenaline pumping now, I was ready to go more than ever. "Do either of you know where we're going to go?"

"I know a place," Steve said, not elaborating. 

"We have to go," I answered, reaching for Ross' mind once more. "They're moving in, we don't have time to waste." 

Steve lead the way, opening the door and ushering the two of us out. The hospital floor we were on had nurses and patients milling around quickly. Getting patients in their rooms before the hospital went on lock down. Before we were trapped in here. 

All three of us hurried to the stair case.

I was right behind Steve and Bucky when a nurse grabbed my arm, I turned quickly out of instinct and snatched her arm off of me. She gasped loudly as my grip almost brought her to her knees.

"I-I'm sorry," I sputtered out before hurrying off as fast as I could. I didn't want to look back. 

I could hear her yelling after me, that I needed to stay here. That I wasn't done healing, but I knew I wasn't staying here. 

I caught up to Steve and Bucky, who were holding the stair case doors open for me. We made our way up quickly and quietly. 

Then I heard Ross' team at the bottom of the stairs. There was someone giving out orders and I could hear the pounding footsteps of the men who were here to take us down. 

"Hurry," I said frantically, moving even faster now. I couldn't see the top of the stair case so there was no teleporting out of here. We had to get around the old fashioned way, one step at a time. 

"If I know these guys they're already almost out of here," I heard Ross say loudly, and I could hear the men's footsteps louder and louder. 

The three of us finally made it to the top, I snatched the door open quickly, the wind blowing my hair all around my face as we stood on the rooftop. 

Steve was right behind me, Bucky not far behind as we walked to the edge of the roof. 

"Where the hell is the jet?" I asked quickly, trying to scope it out. I just needed a clear shot to get us all out of here. 

It was hard to see anything with all of the police cars and news vans surrounding the entire area. Slandering our names as they searched the hospital for us 'criminals'. 

"It's over there," Steve pointed out now. I could barely make it out, as it was somewhat hidden. I knew Bucky had landed it quickly but not obviously. He must have known they would come for us. 

"Stop right there," Ross' voice rung out, stopping me quickly. "You take one more step and I'll take you down for good." 

His men swarmed all around us, guns trained at the three of us. Steve instinctively moved closer to me, shielding me. I watched as Bucky moved even closer. Right into touching distance. 

"Steve and Morgan Rogers and Bucky Barnes you're all under arrest," Ross said, taking a step towards us.

"I wouldn't do that," I warned, making him falter for a moment. 

I gave a look to Steve, signaling to be ready. 

"Grab mine and Bucky's hand," I sent Steve in a brain message quickly. "When I'm ready do it quickly and I'll get us out of here." 

I saw out of the corner of my eye Bucky give the smallest of smiles as he saw Steve's face light up with recognition. 

"I don't think you're in a position to hand out threats Mrs. Rogers," Ross now warned me, his eyes going straight to my missing arm now. He wasn't trying to hide it either. 

"My face is up here," I said, voice laced with sarcasm. I had the smallest of smiles playing on my face, which I knew would eat him up inside. 

"This isn't a time for games, but you've lost now. There's nowhere left to run, and your husband doesn't have his shield to protect you anymore," Ross threatened now. I felt myself tense up over the words, but I knew now wasn't the time to react. I had to play it cool.

"Watch it Ross," Steve warned him, grabbing my hand, and I knew it was time to go. 

"Like always you underestimate me," I told him, nodding to Steve who grabbed onto Bucky. I closed my eyes and felt the whoosh as I teleported us over to the jet. 

I quickly opened them to see all three of us in one piece beside the jet. 

"I'm so glad that worked," I let out a breathe, almost laughing. 

"You didn't know if that would work?" Bucky exclaimed, as we all hurried into the jet. 

"Well I've been knocked out cold for a few days so I didn't quite know how this would go, but that's just a small detail. I got us out of there right?" I asked, still laughing. 

"You did a great job," Steve said, coming out behind me and wrapping an arm around me as Bucky started up the jet. 

I blushed as he kissed me on the cheek and could feel that familiar feeling of butterflies fluttering. He never ceased to make me feel special. 

"I'm just glad we all made it in one piece," I said, then I glanced down at the missing arm. "So to speak."

Steve wrapped me in another hug, this time completely smothering me. I wrapped my arm around him, feeling the safest  I have felt in a long time. 

"I can't wait to be alone with you," Steve whispered in  my ear, sending shivers down my back. "We are going to get out of this just fine. We always do."

"I know," I whispered back, not wanting to let go of our embrace. "We have a lot to discuss, but don't you have a jet to fly Captain?"

He pulled away, a small but sad smile was on his face. I couldn't quite read what was going on inside his mind. His eyes giving away nothing now.

"I don't think I'm Captain anymore," he replied.

"You'll always be my Cap," I told him, trying my best to comfort him. 

"And you'll always be my girl," Steve said, kissing my cheek once more before going to take over from Bucky.

I walked towards the front of the jet, which was now in camouflage mode, standing between the two boys. 

"So where is this mystery location?" I asked, curiosity getting  the best of me. 

"Wakanda." 

~A/N Thank you all so much for your patience once more! You're awesome. 

QOTC: What did you think of this chapter? 

Let me know in the comments and if you liked this chapter please leave a vote or comment!~