Chapter Seventeen: To Hell

I slowly opened my eyes, a small light in the room bring me back to reality. I looked around, and saw I was on a dingy couch. I reached around, feeling all over making sure I was okay. Making sure I was me again, I then felt up around my neck, noticing the collar was gone. I looked over and saw Steve sitting at the end of the bed. 

"S-Steve?" I asked quietly, Steve looked over instantly. I sat up, instantly wrapping my arms around his neck, holding on tightly. I felt my entire body just give out as I sobbed, my body shaking as the emotions left. 

"Am I okay?" I asked him, voice panicking, my thoughts swirling around in my head. I wasn't quite sure where we were or what was going on. 

"Morgan, it's okay," Steve assured me, stroking my hair now as I continued to shake. "Everything will be okay I promise."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," I continued between small sobs, I knew I looked weak but I couldn't hold it in. 

His arms were wrapped tightly around my body, holding me close, not saying anything at first. I didn't know where his head was at, what he had to say for me. There was only so much one person could take, maybe he was at his limit with me. I know I would be, I was bad news, maybe I always would be. 

"There, was just, I-I don't know. The words, they triggered something, I just I didn't mean to. I couldn't stop," I kept saying over and over again. My hands were shaking, I looked down and they were bright blue. I took a deep breathe, trying to steady myself but the color wouldn't fade, there were too many emotions going on within me. 

"Mo, stop," Steve said to me, pulling me away for a moment. I braced myself for the inevitable, for the moment where he would tell me I was too much, my past was too much. The moment where I would truly loose everything, the sad part was I couldn't blame him. Who needs or wants a psycho ex-assassin to deal with? Let alone be married to. 

"I understand," I told him before he could speak, pulling myself completely out of his grasp now. 

"You understand what?" he asked me, confusion written on his face. His blue searching my face for an explanation. I looked down at the solid black ring on his finger, I could feel tears well in my eyes again. 

"I know what you're going to say! I don't need my powers to read your mind right now! Any sane person would back out now! I would understand, this is a lot to take in Steve! I have nothing to say for myself!" I told him, panicking, sounding like a crazy person now. 

"You should know better by now, I am with you till the end," Steve told me, grabbing my hands, touching my ring. "This should show I am not going anywhere. Ever. No matter what happens. You and me are in it for the long haul, okay?" 

"You promise?" I questioned him, although I knew the answer now. Although, I could never truly understand what it was he saw in me. I knew, deep down in my heart, we were supposed to find each other. But, I also knew I got the good end of the deal, he on the other hand got the shitty end. My crazy past. My crazy present, I knew I would never be able to completely bury what Hydra has done to  me. 

"I promise," Steve told me, leaning in and kissing me gently. I felt my heart flutter, knowing I didn't deserve the man in front of me. 

"There's just no end to what Hydra has done to me, every time I think I have it somewhat figured out everything goes to hell," I exclaimed, standing to my feet now. "I hate putting you, the Avengers, everyone through this! You don't deserve this, no-one does."

"Listen, no-one deserves this your right. But, you don't deserve what they did to you, and you don't deserve to go through it alone. That's why you have me, and I know you would do the same for me," Steve told me, grabbing my hands, standing up now. "I'll always have your back."

"And I'll always have yours," I told him seriously, not wanting to let go of his hands. "You have no idea what this all means to me, I wouldn't know what to do without you."

"As much as you may not know it, I wouldn't know what to do without you," Steve replied, grabbing me around the waist pulling me into a kiss. This one deeper and more desperate, both of us expressing our love. I never wanted to take any of this for granted. 

I heard a cough behind us, instantly making us pull apart, but I wouldn't let go of Steve's hand. I turned to see Sam in standing behind us, his face looking sheepish.

"I don't know how I'm always the one to interrupt these moments, but he's coming to," Sam said, waving us over. Before he could walk off I caught up and grabbed his arm. 

"Sorry, you know, about earlier," I told him, not able to take my eyes off the bruise blooming on his cheek. "I, uh, I didn't know what I was doing."

"You don't need to apologize to me, I know you couldn't help it," he told me, giving me a small hug. Sam, was always there for Steve and I. I walked away, trying to hold my head high. I knew there was only so much I could say, although none of it took away the guilt. 

There was only one other person who truly knew how I was feeling, and apparently we had him locked up by the arm.

~A/N This chapter was kind of a filler, also to give some emotional depth after the action of last chapter.

QOTC: What did you think of Steve and Morgan's heart to heart? 

If you comment an answer to the QOTC I'll make sure to shout you out in the next chapter, which I will post tonight if we can get up to five answers on the QOTC!

As always thank you for reading and if you enjoyed it please leave a vote or comment.~