Chapter Forty-Three: Goodbye

Bucky sat down, before breaking the news to Steve. I could tell Steve instantly knew something was up. And I knew I must have looked too calm because he looked at me accusingly. As if he already knew I was in on whatever Bucky was about to say.

I shrugged my shoulders at his expression. This was not my place to say anything, not yet anyways.

"Just say what you need to say," Steve urged Bucky. Who then exchanged a look with me, I only nodded. Trying to encourage him to just go for it.

"I'm not going back with you two," Bucky stated.

I saw confusion cross over Steve's face. As if he had no idea why Bucky was even considering this. Then his eyes were on me again. But, his focus went back to Bucky again.

"Where will you be staying?" Steve asked him, his voice even as he spoke.

"Here," Bucky answered simply. He looked away as if he couldn't quite meet Steve's gaze, but I could tell he felt at peace with his decision. I took a peak into his mind, although I knew I shouldn't, but it was the most collected it has ever been. I knew he was making the right decision for himself.

I put a hand on Steve's arm, reassuring him of this. Giving him a peak into what I had just seen and I watched as Steve relaxed now.

Then, a few doctors came in, getting ready to prep him. I knew the decision was a hard one but he had thought it through. Who were we to stop him?

As they continued to put everything together, we all stood in silence for a moment. My own eyes wandered to where Bucky's metal arm was no longer in place.

"You sure about this?" Steve finally broke the silence, I knew he only wanted what was best for his oldest friend.

"I can't trust my own mind," Bucky started thoughtfully. "So until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing. For everybody."

As he finished he looked between the two of us. I could feel the guilt he was going through. He felt this entire mess was his fault, that he brought this down on us. But he had no control over this, just like I didn't.

Steve and I only nodded along, not sure what to say. It didn't seem like he needed any comforting he was completely fine with his choice. Almost serene.

He stepped into the machine, letting the door close around him. I knew that everything would work out the way it should. That this would all be okay. In the end.

As his capsule froze over Steve grabbed my hand and almost drug me out of the room. I could feel his urgency as we made it outside.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. "What's going on?"

"You're not going to do the same are you?" Steve asked me, almost pleading. "Mo, I don't think I could stand it if you went away too."

"Steve, I'm much too selfish to put myself under, I could never leave you," I told him honestly. "Even if it were for my own good, I couldn't leave you behind. Never."

I watched as he relaxed now, knowing I was telling the truth. 

Before he could reply T'Challa walked into the hallway, as Steve and I turned to look out the window ahead of us. Feeling some kind of peace wash over the both of us. It was like it was over, this fight was done. 

"Thank you for this," Steve told T'Challa who walked in beside us. "For all of it."

I knew he was not only talking about Bucky now. 

"Your friend, your wife, and my father, they were all victims. If I could help even one of them find peace," T'Challa answered.

"You've helped more than one of us," I answered him. We made eye contact and I nodded at him, reinsuring that I meant what  I said. 

"You know if they find out he's here they'll come for him," Steve told him, warning him. Even though we felt more peace in the last few minutes than the last few days, we had to know this was not the end. 

"Let them try," T'Challa answered confidently. I knew he could handle whatever was thrown at him. 

"I think he can handle it," I said to Steve, smiling. Both men laughed as T'Challa lead us outside towards our jet. 

"You two take care of yourselves," T'Challa said as the jet door opened for us. 

I looked over at Steve and I knew we would always have each other, no matter what was thrown at us. That was something I could live with. 

"We always do," I replied, smiling. Steve and I boarded the plane, I waved at T'Challa before we entered. 

The jet was silent at first, neither of us knowing exactly what to say. Now that the mess was over we had to pick it all up. 

Steve was in the pilot's seat, getting the plane up and running. 

"Where to Mr. Rogers?" I asked Steve, breaking our silence. He looked over at me, a small smile on his face now. 

"I think we have a few friends to see," he told me.

I felt my eyebrows scrunch together as I wasn't quite sure what his plan was. 

"Are you talking about what I think you're talking about?" I asked, an even bigger smile on my face now. 

"You're the mind reader, you tell me," Steve replied, a smirk on his face. I could only laugh in response as I went inside his mind and saw his entire plan. 

"Always a man with a plan," I told him, my turn to wear a smirk. "I like that."

"So you're in?" he asked me, as if that were even a question. 

"Hell yeah." 

~A/N okay so for real this time there are only maybe two chapters left in this story and I will be starting the FIFTH BOOK!

QOTC: What did you think of this chapter? What has been your favorite chapter and why? 

You are all awesome and I love to see your comments..If you liked please leave a vote and comment.~