Chapter Forty-Two: Arrival

After Steve and I had our exchange, something that brought us even closer. Which I didn't think could be possible, we continued our plane ride.

But as it looked like we arrived things looked off.

"Uh are you sure this is the right place?" I asked my voice sounded unsure as we approached the unfamiliar country.

Where we arrived didn't look like where I thought T'Challa was from. There was an immense amount of trees everywhere, I didn't see how there would be a civilization here. It didn't look like it was inhabited at all.

"If you keep going we're going to run right into those trees," I told him, fretting over our impending crash if we kept the course we were on.

Bucky stored towards the front of the jet now. I could see worry on his face too.

"Steve do you know where you're going?" Bucky asked him as he looked tense beside me.

"You two have such little faith," Steve informed us, chuckling to himself as he continued to keep the steady pace of the jet. It didn't look like he was going to veer off.

"Hmm are you saying we have trust issues? I can't understand where you would ever get that from," I said sarcastically trying to hide my panic as we came closer and closer to the forest.

I quickly sat in the seat beside Steve, Bucky now behind us. I strapped myself in as we didn't slow down and clearly my husband had lost his mind.

I felt myself tense up and looked down to see my hand glowing blue as my nerves took over. I closed my eyes waiting for impact and when it didn't come I opened them to see one of the most beautiful places I had ever been.

I stared in awe as the city was huge and there was an abundant amount of people milling around below us.

"We're welcome here?" I asked him, still not sure where we stood with the new king of Wakanda. "I thought he hated us?"

I looked at Bucky, but unlike me he looked assured we were welcomed here.

"A lot of things changed while you were at the hospital," Steve informed me, and I knew I would need to get that story later. When we finally had a moment to ourselves without other pressing matters calling for us.

I quickly felt relieved, but anxious as I knew we were going to be leaving behind Bucky. And Steve still had no idea what his oldest friend was planning.

"What exactly are we doing here anyways?" I asked him, still not sure why the was the place he wanted to run to.

"You saw the border Mo, Ross will never look here," Steve said as if it was obvious. "No-one can get in here if they don't want them here."

"I suppose you're right," I agreed, sitting back down and awaiting our landing.

The plane landed and Steve, Bucky, and I made our way out of the jet. Steve held my hand as he lead the way for us.

I looked ahead and saw T'Challa waiting to greet us, a warm smile on his face. Something I wasn't expecting to see. As the last time I saw him he was not my biggest fan.

"Welcome," he greeted us, extending his hand. Steve let go of mine and he shook his hand in return, a smile on his face.

"Mrs. Rogers," T'Challa greeted warmly. His hand extended for mine, although, like everyone else, his eye flickered toward the emptiness on my right side.

I extended my left hand and shook his, using my best smile.

"Morgan," I informed him, letting him know we didn't need the formalities. He grinned in response as he let go of my hand. "Thank you for welcoming us here. It's beautiful."