02. A day later

Hiccup's POV

When I decided to escape from Berk I was worried about two things. One: how will I survive? Two: where I will go?

I didn't expected to find both of them easy. Surviving with a night fury on your side is a piece of cake. We can get food, and we protect each other. The last one not that easy but we are still alive, that's good, isn't it?

I let Toothless choose direction, even when he got confused when we did not turn back after a while, although in the end he didn't bother himself with it. With a few breaks we didn't stop until the morning to land for a long rest.

A deserted island. Perfect. We found a cave for ourselves where we had a looong sleep. The journey was exhausting for both of us, we didn't even get a really good look on the cave...

I woke up when a certain someone licked my face, I sit up immediately and tried to push Toothless of me, just to laugh it off.

Soon, the weight of my decision started to sink. Being in the middle of nowhere without anyone who I knew for years! I let out a sigh and I leaned backwards.

I just sat there with my back at the cold rocks.

- We just left Berk.

Toothless sensing my change in mood, looked right into my eyes, with an "are you okay" expression.

I patted him.

- Don't worry bud. I'll get used to it. - I stood up. - Come on, let's explore!

Our cave was mapped out first: which was big but not huge, looked safe enough and high enough to not be able reach by foot. By vikings. Perfect.

By end of the day we explored the whole island, it wasn't small either. It had three forest, two bigger and a smaller, quite a lot caves and tunnels everywhere and we saw various types of dragons. There were tons of eatable fruits, and herbs that I could recognize.

I felt more and more confident, about our whole new situation, I had a feeling I am going to love this place.

The Sun's last rays of light was beautiful from the top of our mountain, and to my annoyance a pleasant breeze got my hair into my face, not like I actually cared. A little smile formed in the corner of my month. I scratched my friend's side.

- I think we found our new home buddy.

Astrid POV

Sooner - rather later - I managed to leave the forest just in time to get to the last day of the tournament. Literally everyone was there, pacing nervously, they were obviously looking for Hiccup. Probably they still hoped that he was just nervous and planing the fight and WILL arrive for the fight.

Gobber was the first who spotted me, and run for my aid, bombing me with questions. I did not need to listen to them I already knew what he was asking.

- I followed him into the woods, where a dragon knocked me out. I don't have high hopes for Hiccup, after I saw the place.

And after that I blacked out again. Damn that dragon can hit hard! I wish I had a better look at it!

(A/N shortest chapter, but I needed to write something about this period of time)