23. Traitor

Astrid's POV

There's one thing about them.... I got way more used to being around a dragon than I should have. It wasn't a problem until now. We were hunting in our forest when we encountered with a pack of dragons.

My team did not hesitate to attack, but I did ... I shouldn't have. I let my guard down and I've got burnt, thanks Thor, not badly but on huge surface. My left upper arm, shoulder and mostly my back, totally visible how I've turned around. We have kids with us, to teach them the basics of hunt, and one of them was the target but I jump in front of her to save her life... however as soon as the dragon saw me, just flew off scared with the rest of it's crew. I wonder why.

Nooow I'm at Gothi's, at the end of the long line of injured hunters. What a day. I hope they are doing okay in there. Both the injured hunters, both the pair upstairs.

*Snotlout* - Is everything okay, my sweetheart?

I was so wrapped up with my thought I didn't even bother myself to be angry or annoyed by him. All I did was, I looked at him with murderous expression and he mind his own business for the rest of the day.

Thanks Thor the twins found other target than me.

However Fishleg was concerned about something too, I didn't like his looks towards me.

- What?

He was shaken by my voice but collected himself enough to ask.

*Fishleg* - How did you do it?

- Do what?

*Fishleg* - The dragons.

- What about with them?

*Fishleg* - As soon they saw you they retreated. How?

- ... I don't know. I was about to ask you if you know something about it.

*Fishleg* - Sadly no, I don't.

- Shame.

Though I know someone who knows my answers... and I can't visit them right now...

~ Few hours later ~

There wasn't much time before sunset, when finally the last person was out of the old lady's hut, so I could finally go on my usual route to visit them.

Toothless was hiding behind the boxes, probably wanted to make sure he won't be seen, with that many people around.

I said hello.

Is... he sniffing me? Why?

- Ummm can I help somehow?

He looked at me, before tossing me to the ground. What the ....

- NO! BAD REPTILE! DO NOT TORN OFF MY BANDAGES! NOO!

He didn't listened. I lay on my stomach, while I was pinned to the floor and he "nicely" got rid of Gothi's work, exposing my burnt skin.

- LET GO OF ME!

When something wet touched my back. GROSS! I struggled under his enormous paw but he was the stronger.

- DO NOT LICK ME!

A laugh.

It took us a moment when we realized.

We both froze.

*Rider* - Hey, Heather, remember, no escape from dragons when you got burnt xD

- ...Heather?

*Rider* - ...hm? - Toothless got off me and run to his Rider happily.

Hiccup's POV

Toothless run to me, I was ready for the half-ton weight dragon to jump at me... forunatelly he did not. There's no better than waking up to a joyful dragon...  I hugged his head... which wasn't such a good idea, because suddenly I felt sharp pain in my side, I just hissed in pain and released my dragon, who looked at me worried. I examined the sore spot, it was well-bandaged, and I sighed.