20. The day of action

(A/N More than 1k view and 50 votes! Yeah! Thank you everyone! *-*
Btw, I'm currently sick and writing on my phone, so I can't check the chapter for big mistakes... when I'll get better I go and reread the the whole story and do the correcting!)

Astrid's POV

Oh, Snotlout! Can't you just keep calm, at least for the end of the cheif's speech! He was organising the fixing teams, we have to repair a lot, the last raid caused much damage.

.... I hit him on the face. Everyone turned to us, when they saw nothing interesting happened. It felt good. I should do it more often.

When we were done with the talking we all started to do our work. I was sitting on the top of my house, the roof was burnt, and need to be replaced at some point... I was staring the distance. Again. I mentally slapped myself for doing it. Again! But... is there something...? A black dot appeared in the distance, a bit under the Sun. It must be a dragon. I would have shrugged it off... if there wasn't more spots. Like really-really many spot! I hopped down and walked towards the cliff, I did not care about the strange looks I earned. What the....

I just stood there dumbfolded. An army of dragons was flying towards US.

- DRAGON ATTACK!

Everyone dropped their equipment and got real weapon when I heard someone shouting:

*Spitelout* - FROM WHERE?!

I've just pointed towards the darkened sky, and I heard gasps behind me... soon the whole village was standing on the cliff with me, looked horrified at the army... if we are really get attacked by them... it means we are done for sure!

Stoick came by checking out what was everyone watching instead of doing their work, when he froze too. He tried to make his people move, to be honest I did not really care about it either, because we don't stand a chance against them and there's no hiding from this many of them.

We are just simply doomed.

However... I did not expect the next...

The Rider and Toothless led the army, but they stopped near to the fog, told them something, before the duo disappeared in the white unknown... and the dragons were just waiting in the air, they did not really moved anywhere... what are they doing?!!

Hiccup's POV

My heart was beating my throat, my hands were sweaty, and I did not feel my friend's confidence under me like I usually did. The crazy flight was as amazing as before, but still it's the place of the death itself. When we finally reached the huge mountain which held the Red Death, I let out my breath that I did not know I was holding. I petted Toothless more for my reasurrence than his, than we flew in.

- YOU OVERGROWN ROCKHEAD! TUG YOUR HEAD OUT!

I shouted from the top of my lungs. Now every dragon woken up, and stared down at us shocked.

*Death* - WHO DARES TO SHOUT IN MY NEST?!!!

Now everyone became as brave as a rabbit, and started to roaming out through the exit, some did not even bother to get to the entrance, a pack of "prisoners" just made their way out through the wall.

*Toothless* - ARE YOU DEAF OR JUST TOO DUMB TO REALIZE WE ARE TALKING TO YOU?!

Now we heard a big growl, huge enough for us to feel it as a tornado wind. I threw down three grenade, each was a metal ball contained zippleback gas, and when they reach the ground the double metal cover cracks and creates spark that will lighten it up. We flew out though the hole, just in time. As she moved, the exits were rocked in. After a few heavy moment she broke it through with her head, like it was paper! She totally destroyed the nest as she made her way out. Was she ever been out?!