37. Not gonna die

Hiccup's POV

*Astrid* - How's your back doing?

- Quite fine. A few more day and it will be fine.

Astrid was sitting in the middle of my room, slightly petting the sleeping dragon behind her. Stormfly's spikes were raising and falling as she was breathing peacefully.

A little night terror flew in, Heather's favorite with a message.

"I've just finished Astrid's room it's still quite a mess and my spare bed was visited by a few firewarm when I healed them... say sorry to Astrid in my name, the boys last bed is occupied, it will take a few day until we make an another one."

You snake. Heather you are a snake. I hope Loki will play pranks on you!

*Astrid* - What does it say?

What? Oh. The letter. I handed over to her.

- Read it. Heather worked again... and it's a diseaster. Again. - She laughed sweetly.

*Astrid* - I guess she wanted to do it herself for me! It's a nice attempt!

Only if you'd know....

*Astrid* - Is this means there's no spare bed anywhere???

- Basically yes...?

*Astrid* - Basically...?

- I have...

*Astrid* - Why don't we bring....?

- Because it's stone based, and it's isn't even cut out from the cave....

*Astrid* - Oh. Um. Okay than.

- You are fine with it???

*Astrid* - We would sleep in the same room, it's not that big deal.

Oooookay than.

Astrid's POV

The rest of the night went fast.  We talked a lot, before we went to sleep.

Like I could sleep...

It was dark and from the soft steady breath I can tell Hiccup is sleeping... and so does Toothless.

I walked to Stormfly, and luckily we could fly out without waking up everyone. The half-moon give a bit of light, but the clouds didn't help to keep my sight.

It's such a nice night. It's not as busy as in daylights, Heather warned me about the night terrors, they can be scary, but I have nothing to be worried about. I think I can see them... there's barely any dragon besides them.

A nice and easy flight.

- Sorry girl for keeping you awake.

I petted her back.

It's getting darker and darker. Maybe we should head back. Um. If I'd know which way. ... I was wondering when a dragon shot up besides us and with a spin it disappeared in the clouds and it was followed by an another one, than it turned back heading TOWARDS us! We've dodged but Stormfly shot a few spike after it.

Suddenly the terrors came and somehow we ended up in the middle of chaos, we tried to get closer to the surface, but Stormfly got more and more stressed, and when I thought we are out she threw me off.

I was lucky, we were right above the foliage I fell through it but I only got a few bruises.

Aaand I can't see anything.

I sighed and started to get used to the darkness. I heard the sounds around me, and I decided to head where I supposed I hear the most of the noises.... as I got closer.. is it a fight? It doesn't stopped me though.

In half way I found Stormfly's spikes that she threw earlier, and I brought them with me as some kind of weapon. I heard some swearing and flashing light but no more. Maybe it's better if I wait it out.

Hm. Judging by the sound, one of them is a zippleback. The other had a rhythm of attacks, and created the same sound which was similar to a knock. If there's no fire, it means the two headed dragon is out of shots.

Than I heard the zippleback is retreating... than swearing! There's a rider! I shouted after him but no use. I heard the previous dragon's unfriendly growl and it came towards me. Ohhhh shit. Oh shit.

When I heard the sound of its attack, I jumped away, but I even felt the wind of its! I gulped as I accidentally knocked together the spikes.

The dragon stopped for a moment than attacked again, as I jumped away hoping that there's no tree that would be in my way, I fell over on something. But I still didn't get hit. I was knocking with the spikes like the dragon did, and stopped!

The reptile squeaked really really quietly, I hoped that its a good sign... which was because it stepped backwards. Great! I held out my palm, hoping that, it won't be bitten off... when I felt something cold and scaly...

IT WORKED!

I petted his(?) head, as I calmed my heart down.

I can't say I wasn't scared. I was terrified.

The dragon was happy as I nudged his nose, and with my other hand I tried to find his back... and thanks Thor he didn't mind.

I made clickery sound with my tongue, and he happily squeaked in reply.

Now or never.

I jumped on his back.

He lost his balance and growled in annoyance, but I clicked to him immediately, which seemed to calm him down.

Yeah!

We took off, and up, where the moons provide a bit a light I could see him a bit... and when I saw his tail three thin one, with spike each ends. I gulped. Yap. He could strike with all three in one attack.

I nearly died there.

And I have a feeling this tail can look more dangerous than this... and the scissors like forelegs?! Ohh sweetheart, this is crazy. He looked at me with his little eyes which were shining from happiness.

Maybe he is a she.

I still have no idea how to get back...

Gem's POV

It was still early, at least for me, when someone knocked on the door. I yawned, and turned to my other side as I was listening to the events.

Now I am quite confirmed about the lady can't talk.

*random villager* - ... and can you cure it? ... oh great! - he came inside and they opened a book - what's the problem? This bottle is empty.... ooooh I see! This ingredient is missing? How can we get? ... You don't know? That's a pity. Well than. Thank you for the help anyways. Goodbye!

As he left I flew down. Missing ingredient? I can take care of it.

She was about to close the book when I reached it, and placed a claw into the pages. She looked confused but after a stare contest she reopened. There were a few flower picture in the middle, I looked at it closely... and she seemed to catch on. She pointed to one.

I know where I can find it.

I'm going to get one.

(A/N For those who didn't catch on, Astrid and that dragon appear in the Race To The Edge. Sorry for spoilers if you haven't seen it, but it's quite different in this story, so...)
(Aaand I haven't checked for errors...)

(Edit: only the main spelling errors...)