43. Spending time 2

Hiccup's POV

We walked up to the hill, a huge campfire in the middle or is it just a nightmare? Probably not.

- Hey everyone!

A storm of greetings hit us than we took a seat on a log that had been placed here.

*Heather* - Oh, we have a guest? I'll get a spare plate than. - With that she handed over to full plate. - How did the last meeting go?

- ... it was okay. I guess.

*Astrid* - So it was a totally faliure, right?

- Um. Not total, but a huge.

~Hours later~

I didn't expect it but I have to admit it was a great idea whoever brought beverage.

Eventhough I don't really like these drinks but the mood was great so I had some too. After a few everyone became more talkative, and I'm so glad they got on well! Since I didn't have to pay attention to them I finally had time for Astrid :3

Don't ask me when.

Or how.

All I remember we drank a bit more than we should have... and we snuck away from the crowd to make out.

We were enjoying each others company in the darkness, she led me by holding my hand and we laughed about something. I don't know how quiet we were in that state, but we tried to be sneaky as we run between the houses.

Behind a barn, so romantic, she suddenly turned around and clunged on me, I couldn't bare the sudden weight, but thankfully I could make us fall towards the wall, I hardly had time to stop us with one spare hand, but I did. She was pinned between. She placed her arms around my neck and kissed me.

Uuuntil a blinding light.

I turned towards the source and hissed. I was pretty annoyed by the fact we were interrupted, and I warningly growled, while I hid Astrid behind me, behind my cloak. Since the light didn't disappeared and I still couldn't see anything I grabbed Astrid and I ran.

So yap.

That's all I remember with aching head.

I don't know who was not woozy to put everyone into their OWN "bed". Or maybe the dragons did when they got fed up with us. Probably.

The sky is red.

Why do I wake up so early all the time? I looked over the sleeping piles, two guard were standing still at two sides with their dragons. Awake and aware.

I checked on them, they showed me their bloody clothes. I gulped. But no corpse around I suppose it's a good sign.

I walked around. Everyone sleeps peacufully. Even Gobber is asleep.. and oh my gosh. Skydive who always kicking in his sleep is placed next to him to keep him quiet. I remember he snores. Loudly. Clever solution I like it.

Since everyone was aseelp I took a walk in the village, where everyone looked at me strangly. ... Okaaay...?

Probably the yesterday. We weren't here even for a day... yap. These looks are perfectly fine than.

I heard shoutings.

*?* - You saw them WHAT?!

*?* - I saw them with my own eyes! That's why he is here! They are together!

Great. Now everyone knows.

*?* - That filthy little monster!

*?* - Is it true, he acts like his friends the dragons!

*?* - Maybe he is a dragon in disguice!

*?* - How could she let him...!

Okay. I'm not listening this dumb conversation amymore. I walked back to the camp, still everyone asleep.... expect Toothless. He yawned as he pulled himself together, and showed his gummy smile when he saw me.

- 'morning.

*Toothless* - Training timeeee!

- What? No. We are not at home.

*Toothless* - Doesn't mean you can skip it, you said yourself! Now come on!

- But...!

Stoick's POV

It was early in the morning but the someone was already screaming for help, and I heard dragon roars.

What a start of the day!

I run out to see a pack of dragons invaded my village. I ran there fight ready, when I noticed, my people not really doing anything besides watching. Before I yelled at them, I wanted to get a better look at the situation.

They let me into the first row... when I saw someone running far far away, near the cliff, than turned to this road and closely in that person's tail were a dragons firing at... for a moment I saw Hiccup in front of my eyes, but it can't be.

The Rider was shouting things at them, but they followed him, none of them stopped.

Hm.

I stepped into the  middle of the road where he was about to go through, but he waved to me to step aside, and it was enough distraction to get hit. I wanted to help, don't ask why, and hit one of the beast when they ALL started to whine at their fallen human. Nooow I'm confused.

The night fury looked the worst and headbutted him.

*Rider* - Stop iiit alreaaadyyyy. My head still hurt and now my side tooooo. - The dragon licked him. Gross. - Useless reptiles! Now you are sorry, aren't you?

The dragon placed his enormous paw on him, his eyes widened. Than it screeched, and dragons surrounded them, pushing me backwards. The Rider protested, when suddenly many people started to laugh. On the roof.

*Eret* - So they did catch you? HAHAHA.

*Heather* - That scene was nice. HEHE.

*Fishleg* - Shouldn't we free him?

*Eret* - Nah. Nope. It's his training. He wasn't really fit when he started this whole thing, so he spoke with them... it's way more motivating if dragons chase you. - He said as he laughed. - Or this case if you don't push up yourself, they shot your face down. Or so I heard. Let's let them be. What about some breakfast? I have some gold, we might can trade for some chickens for breakfast.

*Heather* - I'm in!

With that they walked away.

They were right. The infamous Nightrider was doing push ups when he slowed down the dragons shot at him so he continued. Hmph.

Hiccup's POV

After a hour of torment they let me go. I felt sore and hungry. The others were nice enough to not getting me food... when a realized someone spying on me. Really really badly. In a corner a waited for my stalker, as he turned he nearly bumbed into me.

- Hi, Snotlout. What do you want?

*Snotlout* - Um... um. 

- Hm?

*Snotlout* - How... how's Hookfang doing? - My eyes widen. Did he really say that? Wow.  - Not like I care about dragons or anything.

Heh. You didn't convince me.

- He is doing fine at my Sanctuary with the others. He does miss you thou. 

*Snotlout* - Oh. Really? - his eyes shined for a bit. - I'm... glad. Um. ... ....that's all. Thanks.

With that he stared to walk away.

- The Thunderdrum's rider trained him for a few days. He knows more.

He smiled back(!) and run away. Okay. That was strange.