52. Actual talk no. 3

Hiccup's POV

It's just great.

Simply greaaaat.

I can see my father's expression, he would shout "who the hell interrupt us again?" and the only thing that prevented him to have this roll of his tounge the fact I quickly dropped to the ground to honour my mom.

He is mad, but keeps his mouth shut for a little bit, I have to talk to my mom before they start arguing. I don't want to deal with that.

However she is pissed, it's not hard to tell. Really-really unimpressed. Heather sends some appology like signals, but she is stuck between now FOUR crazy leader in the middle of a family crisis, I don't blame her not dealing us well.

Quickly I suggested Heather to take the queen and keep her busy until I clean this mess up.

I would totally hear about that later if I wasn't in a deep dragon poo already. With some symphatic look she does as I told.

Now my mother. I told dad to not go anywhere I'll be back in minutes.

I took Toothless, who was getting annoyed by these dramas, I don't blame him either. I leaded my mom over the sea, where we can talk freely.

Through the mask I could feel the daggers hovering over me.

*mom* - What were you thinking coming over here?!

- Well, you heard about some incidents happened so I asked Gem to look over the area.

*mom* - Out of all our dragons why GEM?!

- I... was hoping for if... Gem does her usual thing, the people might change. Moreover my recent recruits were begging me to give a try... and I think it was about time.

*mom* - YOU KNOW THEY WON'T CHANGE!

- We must give them a chance!

*mom* - IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

- THEY ARE SAYING THE SAME ABOUT DRAGONS!

Heavy silence.

We stared at each other for long-long moments, when I turned around.

- I have to go back.

With that Toothless took me back, it seemed my father was about to leave for some people who seened to ask him to join them at the Main Hall.

I let Toothless make his stunning entrance, shuting up everyone.

- We shall continue where we left off.

I jumped off, when my mom got back here.

*mom* - I won't leave you behind with these monsters again. It is a mistake I won't repeat.

She snarled her dragonic words, and I just nodded. Without lying I turned to the confused vikings.

- Doesn't trust the tribe, claiming you took too much lifes, but won't attack, unless feeling threatened.

I nodded towards her, she respected I did not tell much. She settled down, with her guard up, locking eyes with the annoyed locals.

She is angry. My dad is angry. The whole village is angry. Where did Vigo go? Where is Astrid?

*Astrid* - ...find your balls from the dirt somehow and deal with it already. Don't be a whiny little girl!

Speak of the devil...

Astrid's POV

Watching Hiccup going through the conversations he did not wish to make was... painful. The stuggles between those respected men made ME feel bad. It's crazy. We are vikings for the gods shake! And we can't even TALK to each other?!

I took a deep breath, I won't interfere Hiccup's ways but in my family we are NOT doing that. That's just shameful. If nobody man up, I will.

Determined, I hopped on Stormfly. In the air I could easily spot my family heading over to the Main Hall for some ridiculous discussions, with a nose dive we landed dangerously close.

They gasped in surprise. I slided down from the saddle, than I leaned to Stormfly's side with a smug look. She sensed the uneasiness in the air and stared at my parents warily.

- Mom? Dad?

They locked eyes with me, obviously not impressed, showering Stormfly with imaginary daggers. She is so confused! Lowering her head she looks into my eyes uncertain what she did wrong.

I petted her colourful scales, murmuring some reassuring words, before turning back to them.

- Could you two quit it already?!

My dad "Humph"-ed while my mom crossed her arms.

- Really? Not even an insult or anything? - they tried to talk, but I didn't give them a chance. - Suck it up and accept it ready. I'm. A. Dragon. Rider.

*dad* - Traitor!

- Really?

*dad* - Get out of my sight.

- Really? You think this is a solution? Ignoring me?

*dad* - DON'T MAKE ME...!

Whatever he was about to say remain unknown. Stormfly's protective instincts were activated by the loud aggressive shout, and simply roared back, wings raised mouth shining up in warning.

They both jumped back, and it was hard to miss they scared faces when it clicked.

They are terrified.

For them the dragons are trained war dogs, ready to be unleashed.

Ridiculous.

We proved otherwise so many times.

- Scared, ey? Because you don't want to accept it. Are you?

With that I jumped back on my sweet nadder.

- You are all just scared from nothing. Find your balls from the dirt somehow and deal with it already. Don't be a whiny little girl!

In the heat of my frustration I did not even realize I was yelling all along.

I spotted Hiccup with a new masked rider and some of the villagers, who were wearing the same faces like my parents.

Hovering close enough to be intimidating I gazed upon at Stoick who seemed to be quite okay with us meanwhile the few other took a few step back.

- Took it f#cking long enough, don't you think? - I ignored the confused looks. - Finally someone grew back some balls to accept the fact, dragons are not enemy. Please tell the others to quit acting like a offended kid and get to work finally? I'm getting bored of babysitting you all!

Hiccup was looking at me with wide eyes and dropped jaw, gaping like a fish. The chief did not manage hide his pure shock, neither did the villagers. They were watching us from the Main Hall, I'm quite positive they heard everything.

Satisfied, about ready to leave, when a loud feminine laugh cut through the heavy air like a timberjack.

The masked rider.

After a few moments, she straightened back up, looking dead in my eyes, while she leaned on her...if I recall well, a stormcutter.

*Masked woman* - So she is your girlfriend?

(A/N: lel. Don't mess with Astrid. Sry for taking it so long, its been a busy few weeks for me. I'll try to keep up with the updates xd

btw about the other story. The main concept is done more or less, but I there are still many holes in overall. Any suggestions you want to see in that story? For example Heater will be a police officer :3)