44. Rough day

Hiccup's POV

- I'm sorry for being late. I... um... was a bit occupied.

I said as I closed the huge door behind me.

*Stoick* - And as I heard you were "occupied" with other "things" as well.

- Um. Maybe? ...um..., shall we continue? How did you decide?

*Gobber* - We agreed on we should try.

- Well than...

After hours of struggles, they tried to use Astrid for their couse, to make me spill value informations about me, and my dragons... Gobber was way more opened, and tried to help me, but I know my father is stubborn.

Basically neither of us wanted to let the other win, we stood pat.

Until they insulted Toothless.

I stood up and I snapped my hands to the table creating silence.

- You know what? Until you don't fly I won't talk anymore about this bullsh*t! Unless you ....

Suddenly a scream. I rushed out, just in time to see, some rider were practising freefall and fly.

I could catch Fishleg's and Eret's glimse as they flew above me WITHOUT their dragons. Wtf.

- ....DA HELL YOU ARE DOING GUYS?

I looked up, just to find MORE riders falling from the sky with some overgrown reptile! Greeeat. Yap. Scaring the inhabitants!

I mounted Tootless and I flew up to the Main Hall's roof, because it seemed like they are meeting up there.

Everyone laughed with joy until they saw my expression. I didn't even noticed Astrid missed the roof and Toothless dived after her to catch.

- WHAT DID I TELL YOU? - everyone shut up - TO STAY LOW! BUT NOOO LET'S SCARE THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THEM. THANK YOU EVERY MUCH.

They looked guilty and nobody dared to say a word. I stood at the edge, where noone with right mind would stand, and looked at the horizon. Toothless came up to me and with my hand I nudged his nose, I tried to calm down.

*Stoick* - GET DOWN FROM THERE RIGHT NOW!

- You know what? I don't care about your shame anymore. I think I was patient and nice enough and all I got is hate. You know what? - I didn't realized I was saying things out loud utill that point. I turned around. - YOU KNOW WHAT? JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT BERKIANS THINK ANYMORE. - Deadly calm. - AT THE AFTERNOON I WILL HOLD DRAGON RACING!

They were surprised most of them had their mouth open and I jumped off. I opened my leather wings and Toothless shot a fireball underneath me to slowen my fall, right in front of my father and his crew who taken back from the blue flames. I landed and rolled.

I huffed at them. We can say that I'm quite offended, after these countless hours of their whining we can say that I fed up. A bit.

My dad was mad, but I just smiled mischievously. Deal with it old man. The others went back to freefalling.

- Hey bud, let's show them how it's done properly.

He jumped happily up and down, I hopped on, and shot up, high up to the infinite sky. The wind cleared my head out fast, when the cold hit us, we let ourselves to fall.

With perfect sync, we moved together, we heard the whistles of the others. I know it's hard to stay offical expecially since I don't like formalities and we are not used to it, but now I think they have the right to have fun. It's boring here! Now my favorite part comes, what we love the most: timing the last moments. This time I didn't used my wings, just grabbed the saddle and roamed through the houses, people barely had time to jump out of our way. During the slalom we lost speed, and suddenly Toothless fell over, and I flew alone, and landed with many-many rolls, I heard Toothless annoyed roar. When I finally stopped I could see the word spinning and Toothless on his back staring wide eyed at Gothi who looked mad.