32. I'm not on my own

(A/N I just forgot to name the ch... xD)

Astrid's POV

I feel like something is forgotten.

Fishleg is doing okay, I was talking to him, which thankfully calmed him down. The others were looking at us but neither of them came closer... only a lot later, a timberjack rider approached us a bit.

*?* - Um. Hi! Does your friend doing okay?

- Oh. Yes. Just a bit scaredy cat, don't mind him.

*?* - Good to hear. Sorry. We didn't dare to come closer, I don't want to hear him freaking out again. - He laughed. - What's your name?

- Astrid. Astrid Hofferson. And yours?

*?* - Eret. And this brave heart here is Blade. The master has soooo creative names.

- I learnt that. Thanks Thor I named Stormfly by myself.

*Eret* - Hehe. I can imagine. Can I?

- Umm what?

*Eret* - Have a better look at your dragon.

- Of course.

He nodded, stood up, and as his dragon flew over us, he JUMPED down! HEY. Stormfly lost her balance for a moment but kept flying. I was about to complain, but he turned his back to me, and walked towards her tail, crouched down, and examined her spikes on her tail. He looked back uncertainly but he smiled.

*Eret* - So the master trained her.

- How do you know?

*Eret* - Everyone trains what they think is important. He teaches trust. Any other nadder would have thrown me down for harming the spikes in the air.

- Oh.

He STEPED in to the air and fell. WHAT. I looked down, but he was hanging on her claws, checking them closely, and in the end he climbed back at her neck.

*Eret* - Strong and healthy.

Suddenly I heard a familiar voice.

*Heather* - ASTRIIIID!

- Hi, Heather!

*Heather* - Oh I see. You get to know Eret. Don't mind him, he becomes weird around deadly nadders.

*Eret* - Hey!

*Heather* - I know, I know. A nadder saved his life before he joined us. Since than he is a big fan of the specie even thought he doesn't work with them.

Eret petted Stormfly and than jumped back his dragon, Blade.

*Eret* - I think now we have our nadder specialist. I give her 3 month and she'll be a master.

*Heather* - You think so? Astrid, you are from Berk, right? - I nodded slowly. - I'm sorry. If you need anything you can find me.

*Eret* - If it's about family problems, you can't find anyone better than Heather. She knows most of our dark secrets because we always go to her talking out things.

- Um. Thanks for the offer.

*Heather* - No problem.

*Eret* - By the way. Who is the other new one?

- Oh. Of course. He is Fishleg. Shy but he was the best at dragonology on Berk. - I looked at him. - Hm. It looks like he isn't holding the dragon's horn for his life anymore. Come, I'll introduce you two.

We flew over, and from the first shock, he recovered as soon as he saw me. I guess it's easier if he sees a familiar face among the riders.

- Hi! How are you doing?