48. Moving ahead... maybe

(A/N Switching pov's. I hope it does not get annoying, I'll try to keep it together next time :D)

Heather's POV

The sight of the horizon brings up so many memories, I often find myself daydreaming.

Windshear's happy rumble let me know we are getting close, she loves this place and can't hide her excitement.

I looked over to Mala, she wasn't paying attention either. I don't judge, Night's strange behaviour caught off guard everyone. If Astrid wouldn't have stayed I probably would have ignored the orders and kept him company by myself.

I wish I knew what happened.

Soon the familiar sight of the Ice Sanctuary appeared, I couldn't help but smile. This is one of the best places in the world!

However now we have an objective.

As expected she already knew about our arrival, she waited for us on Cloudjumper in full armour. Our dragons roared a greeting in union, before heading inside, greeting the alpha respectfully.

No dragon missed the scent of our hostage.

She leaded us to her home, taking off her mask. Valka and Night look soooo much alike.

*Valka* - Nice to have you two here. I assume my son is late as always?

*Mala* - Your son?

*Valka* - Hiccup, or Night if you prefer is my son.

She smiled warmly, with mother proud. It wasn't a secret, but everyone referred her as Dragon Healer or we said we are heading to the Ice Sanctuary that she rarely leaves.

*Heather* - I'm sorry to say that but he is not coming this time.

*Valka* - Oh. Is that so?

She looked disappointed, her son always accompanies the team which comes this place.

*Mala* - A pleasure to come this place any time, but we brought a serious issue to be solved now.

*Valka* - Who did you brought here?

*Heather* - Direct order from Night, he gave up the case. This is Viggo Grimborn!

She gasped, taking a few steps backwards.

*Valka* - Why is he here?! Where's my son?!

*Heather* - He had other things to do...

*Valka* - I asked where is HE?!

*Mala* - He stayed at Berk, claiming he has things to deal with.

Shocked she stared at us with wide eyes. Oh boy... this is going to be a hell of a talk....

Hiccup's POV

We stayed at the cove all night, thankfully we wasn't found by the Berkians. Due to my mood no dragon wished to get close beside Toothless, who was doing his best to keep my spirit up.

In the morning with a bit calmer mood I managed to explain every little detail to Astrid who seemed to be as shocked as I was. We agreed on a visit to Gothi for advice, because if the situation is really that bad, I need a flock on Berk. That means the island has to be dragon friendly which isn't as easy as it sounds.

First of all we have to convince the whole village the army is not threat to them.

Second the whole village is need to be dragon proof.

Third for the shake of the dragons the inhabitants need to be taught how to handle them.

And I did not even mention additional problems.... like telling this to my mom.

She is going to kill me.

Toothless' POV

After a short morning flight we all headed to the Healer's hut, where both of out riders were asking stuff in panic. Both of them like lost kids asking for direction, and hoping for the mercy of the listener.

However this seemingly helped them, so I did not interfere to let them know we are kinda surrounded. Not much of a surprise since the other two were playing around, running up and down.

To my defence I did not intend to join them.

No, I really didn't.

The two literally jumped on me... and I happened to join them...

Hiccup's POV

- I really hoped that you have a different idea.

I sighed, as I quickly counted my options in this situation, each of them worse than the other. Placing my arm at the doorway to lean on I started to plan staring blankly at the distant horizon.

Not like I got far.

Dragon roars.

Instinctively I ran off towards the source, just to see my dear reptiles fighting between the houses. I groaned loudly at their wild game, especially annoyed at the fact the triple strike was a bit more feral for my liking.

However I know better than risk getting close. I could. Hell if I would.

...

Well. Not everyone has the right mind to do the same.

I was further out of sight in hiding, so the vicious dragons will avoid me. The Joggerson house was in obvious danger, so Spitelout thought its a brilliant idea to huss them away like before. Dragons are just like a cat. So when they go feral just don't. You can just don't. Let them be.

When the guy approached them I did not even had time to shout. Trouble snacked him to one of the buildings with a roar, and guess who saw that.

My dad raised his axe, and with a battlecry he charged at him. My own warnings for both sides did not reach any of them.

Just in time I got close but not enough,  I can't stop my father... I rushed into Trouble with full force knocking him away failing to regain my balance I fell with the triple strike. The axe slashed through the air a few inch away from my face.

Out of nowhere Toothless lunged forward rolling on the ground with him. Despite my distressed calls he pinned the man to the ground preparing to shoot.

- TOOTHLESS, DON'T!

Stopping in action he crocked his head towards me worriedly, eyes clearing out... just to get hit from below. Now my dad pinned his head down, raising his axe, I leaped onto my dragon's back and dodged the deadly strike with my bare armour.

Crying out loud at the impact I nearly missed a step, but successfully managed to jump down. Both of them backed away in shock my blood dripped from the edge of the blade, which after a few second safely burrowed into the ground as the grip loosened.

I am exhausted.

It's just too much to deal with.

I'm not dealing with this now.

Disappointed in both I turned heels.

- I'm heading to Gothi. Don't fucking dare to follow me either of you!

(A/N: Done. I'm quite proud of myself to put so many scenes from the original into this fanfiction. I know it could be better written, but that's all I managed. I hope you like it.)

(Edit: forgot to add the ch title xD)