39. More and more

Astrid's POV

Sweet scent.

I slowly opened my eyes, the poor light was enough for me to see a bit, but didn't hurt my eyes. I was in a comfortable bed, and there was more furniture along the walls, with big open space in the middle with a carpet. On the other side, there was a counter... and someone stood there. It took me a moment to remember where I am.

Suddenly a dragon flew in, and walked to Hiccup.

They greeted each other.

I've just watched them, the peaceful scene... when something moved in the corner of my eyes. Turned my head a bit, and I saw a huge shadow. Rather two. If I pay attention I can hear their snores.

I smiled.

It's so nice here.

By the way, what is that scent?

It must be coming from the "kitchen", but I can't recognize it.

Someone arrived at the entrance, and quietly said something to Hiccup, than I couldn't even hear, he walked to his table, and he was searching for something when he saw me awake.

*Hiccup* - Sorry. Didn't mean to wake you up.

- Don't mind it, I was already awake.

He handed over a pack of paper to the person, and the rider left. Hiccup went back to the counter and worked on something again.

I yawned.

He returned with two shell plate.

*Hiccup* - Have you slept well?

I nodded, but the delicious scents were driving me crazy and I tried to look at the plate's containment, when he laughed.

*Hiccup* - You are worse than dragons!  Fancy some breakfast?

I pulled myself up as I got a plate, and I immediately wanted to try it out.

- What is that?

*Hiccup* - It's called pancake, made of milk, flour and egg. Easy to make but few dragon love it as well, so I have to be really careful when I'm cooking it. It's annoying when they always steal it.

It's tastes so good! 

*Hiccup* - I see you like it.

- Is there anyone who doesn't?

*Hiccup* - Good point. Shall we go after you finished?

- To where?

*Hiccup* - To train. There a lot of work with an untrained dragon!

Gem's POV

This day was simply terrible.

On my way, I met my new little crew, so they followed me. We didn't go far, really, but their whining started to get me. I know, most of the dragons are not really used to fly so long distances but still.

They followed me without hesitation though.

On the top of a weird mountain I got a little amount of flower, which mostly filled up my precious bag. My companions got a few in their mouth too. It wasn't necessary, but it kept their mouth shut.

We arrive in the late afternoon, we gave our packs to the old lady, we watched her working. The others were bored, but I helped her out anyway I could. Afterwards we flew out for the night.

We were lazing around, I taught a few tricks to them, and they were sleeping in one pack and I stood guard but I'm sleepy.

I barely lay down, when a big thump shoke me up from the ground.