45. Race

Astrid's POV

Everyone looks so excited! Both dragons and riders!

They were impatiently screching, to warm up.

Moreover, Berkians were watching cautiously, I could spotted Gobber at the best place, probably, not far from Hiccup who handed over Eret's weapon back to his owner, now in perfect state... and the twins were trying to get as close as possible as well. Fishleg walked up to Hiccup, proudly, if I heard well now he is one of the judges, because he didn't want to participate.

*Hiccup* - Quite a crowd. So. Since everyone is here, I think we can start it! For first it's going to be map reading with codes, and we have to find the pieces I hid. My was drown and hid by Fishleg. Only own dragons can be used, so Astrid has the advantage, but keep it in mind she is still a beginner, I think it's fair to keep it like this.

*Eret* - Since we have such a great number of viewers why don't we announce it properly?

*Hiccup* - Shall we? - many of us nodded. - Well than! - He turned towards the Berkians - I greet everyone who join to our little event of Dragon Racing! Let me introduce my best riders!

He introduced everyone in short, and suggested to take bets, moreover he invited his father to the best spot, the twins just tossed him there so he couldn't back out. We really should use them more!

We've just got the code... and few pair was already in the air, stormed off, to collect pieces.

Fishleg's POV

It's so crazy, but it's cool and working! The Berkians watch with awe as the dragons reapeared in the distance and cheered!

Of course, Hiccup&Toothless led the trail, closely behind the others, but I firmly believe he is just messing with them, they finished long ago, but waited until the others did so.

He was the bestest decryptioner and on the fastest creature. Noway he needed that much time. With a circle they popped in and I anounced the final results.

Even Astrid arrived with the others! Hiccup is really something! He could arrenge the pieces well and everybody got here nearly the same time, the speed limit of their dragons didn't make it uneven! Awesome.

The second part is coming. Everyone was prepearing, and with the cheering crowd we could ask Stoick to be one of the judgies, and he must had accepted it.

We got a chair for each of them, Stoick, Gobber and Spiteout, and I was announcing the Riders, whose were forming team, or prepear in solos.

Astrid's POV

I don't know what Fishleg was doing in the past month, but he changed a lot. He is so talkative throwing dragon facts to our face, while entertain his audiance. Sometimes the others look at him warningly, not to say more than he should, but entertained his crowed, moreover he clearly enjoys it!

*Stormfly* - Astriiiid! - I've learnt my dragon name, but I still don't know what it means. - What are you planning?

Hiccup's POV

I was aware of my surrondings. Maybe more than it must, but I wanted to be sure everything goes smoothly and so far everything looks alright.

*Toothless* - Chill a bit!

- I'm totally calm!

*Toothless* - Of course. - He slapped me with his tail. - What about we focus on what ahead of us? What moves should we do?

- I dunno. The one we feel the most.

Toothless watched the show. Amazing as always, but I was watching the crowd, and so far they look pretty normal. Than someone pushed me.

*Toothless* - Your mate is on the stage!

I looked up, and the sight... it warmed my heart. The love of my life is on dragon back! I didn't really follow their show, I was lost in her moves than the dragons... she did a perfect backflip on Stormfly's back, and as she jumped to the triplestrike she missed! Both of her dragon dove after her, but I was already in the air with Toothless, and I catched her braid-style.

We gained hight, than Toothless did a huge, slow backflip, so she fell, but I catch her arm. I couldn't hold her long, but I held her by her hand firmly while I slipped after her. I hugged her, got Inferno out and spun, created fire spiral in the air, while I signed Stormfly to catch us from below. With her claws she got us, I was dropped off on Toothles while Astrid on Trouble. Toothless knew what I want, we flew up side down above her, and held her hand from above. I got the triplestrike's attention with a clicking sound and signed to roll. We followed her move, and since Astrid wasn't tied to the saddle she flipped down when they were up side down, and I helped her to take place behind me.

I signed to shoot.

We flew through the light blue flames, while I held my cloak outcovering us from the flames. With a spin we landed among the whistling Riders and like a princess I helped Astrid down.

Than her dragons headbutted me for stealing their rider.

I laughed it off, when Fishleg annunced our duo flight, and the judges gave points. Soon the next one started and Astrid found her way next to me.

- It was breathtaking.

- Yeah, Eret is quite good with...

- I mean our flight. Saved me from the embrassment... and it was amazing. Off-dragon show? Great idea!

- Heh. And kinda ruined the last attraction, because it's freefall...

- It wasn't exactly freefall.

- I know, I know. I'm glad you liked it.

I placed my arm around her.

Soon the last event was coming.

- Would you like a dance together?

- I still barely know the basics! And I doubt if I ever going to be used to it...

- Not problem. It's not like everyone knows everything. Look at Heather, she hates it, but too proud to admit it in front of people. I know it because I taught her.

- Really? I thought she love it!

- Nope. She got used to it, and since she is evil and loves hearing other's death scream she teaches it.

- Who would have thought...

After the last event everyone was in a great mood, and moved closer to the attraction.

Everything goes so smoothly.

Astrid had enough of the action so she did a basic freefall... than we were the next.

*Toothless* - I hate when you fly alone.

- It's not really flying...rather gliding. What about a nostalgic show?

*Toothless* - You mean when we had no idea how we do it?

- Yap.

*Toothless* - If you say so I'm up to it. Let's do this.

We flew up.

I fell.

Toothless fell.

He was spining like crazy, and I tried my best to avoid getting hit, than I grabbed his tail. He froze and looked at me curiously, when I signed up.

He threw me up, while he was on his back. I opened my wing a bit, we still had half a minute to enjoy, so I fell right after him... than a dove, and in the last minute up, nearly hitting the crowd.

*Fishleg* - Woah! An amazing trick from our leader! I think we can say that he won the games again! But who's the second...?

I didn't follow what he said I looked over the villagers... they are all enjoying it. We took a turn, and they greated us, they felt the same rush as we did. Now everyone was more opened, and cared less about the dragons.

Finally a succesful day!

(A/N I'm really sorry for taking so long... but I can't make this any better. Thank you for the comments it really helps me to continue!)