29. Open wounds

(A/N I started to give titles from my favorite songs. Why am I choosing from them? XD IDK but it's fun ;D)

Astrid's POV

The mood was poisoned after that little conversation, moreover Hiccup started to speak in Dragonese, so he basically shut me out. Rude!

Okay-okay I wasn't nice either but still!

*Hiccup* - Am I recognizable?

I snapped out from my daydreaming and looked at him.

- If I'm not searching for similarities, no. I wouldn't have imagine it's you, so I didn't.

*Hiccup* - That's sounds good. I should thank Gothi to healing me. Remind me to give her my gift.

- What are you giving to her?

*Hiccup* - Healing salve. Specially made in my flock, heals both races, good for wounds and illnesses, so it's good for first aid. Real medicine is needed but it's fasten the healing.

- Wow. What is it made of?

*Hiccup* - Better if you don't know. You wouldn't drink it otherwise....

- Okay... I believe in you....

*Hiccup* - Did something important happen on Berk in the past years?

- Nothing. We... um... they renew alliance with Dragur and  Snotlout is on training to be our, their chief... nobody is pleased with that, but there's no other chose. What about you?

*Hiccup* - Not much and still so many. I have a great amount of trained dragons, I made a few alliance too, but I still have more enemy than friend... but one of my great foe seems defeated, we are clearing out the last troops...

- Who are they?

*Hiccup* - Dragon Hunters. Do you know them? - I shook my head. - You can guess how we feel about them. They could easily clear us out, but I had dragon spies and we sabotaged their every move. We have a great advantage... do you know what is it? The language! There are more than enough dragon to get information from.

- You never liked fight. Strange to hear you are in a war with anybody!

He took off his hood.

*Hiccup* - Many thing happened.... and I sworn to protect my family. Even if it means I have to go against my ways. War can't be avoided everytime... but if we are in war we make them regret their decision!

I raised my eyebrow. He was looking straight forward, his eyes were determined... and it seems like he seen much. Lot much. The look you only find on old warriors!  And somehow he still managed to smile and hide everything 'till now.

There's a new scar on his face, it's looks cool! Is it from the latest? He took off his bandages and I still couldn't even have a good look on it.

He really grown.

So strange.

The flight was getting boring Hiccup wasn't as talkative as before. Does his origin bothers him?

I can't tell.

Soon I saw familiar islands, we are getting close! Maybe, that far-far island is Berk, but it's still far to be sure. Hiccup raised up quickly, we followed them. Up, where the cold is colder we approached our old home.

I was here one and a half days ago...

It's make me sick if I think about the trial.

We spotted a pack of dragons on Berk.