17. Sunrise flight

Astrid's POV

After meal we all fell a sleep. I personally didn't wanted to do that, but I couldn't help myself, exhaustion took the hold of me.

I woke up by the sound of a nightfury screech not far from me. The mysteries pair was missing from beside me so I got up which woke up Stormfly too and we both followed the sound.

Close to our current camp I found them. Um. We.

I saw the night fury circling around... the Rider! Who was doing push ups. When he collapsed, the dragon shot at him, scaring the boy back up... and continued.

*Rider* - 967, 968, 969, 970.... - He counted. Does he really train right here? And why does the dragon push him further? They repeated it the last incident a few times, when he finally finished at 1000, he collapse for good. He rolled on his back, and petted his dragon who hung his head above him. - Thanks bud... I don't know where would I be without you... - the dragon responded with a soft(!) purr(!) like growl. - Yeah... yeah... probably we still be meeting in the forest and trying my best to hide you. - The dragon growled again. - Nahhhh. A bit more break? Just a little...? - GROWL! - Okay, okay. - With that he started to do some other exercise.

It's logical, he has to train a lot to be the best. I sighed. When I was about to turn back, they both stopped and jumped up... they stared the horizon, than run of! We followed them close, when the nightfury shot up to the air, but this shot wasn't like any I've seen. This one exploded high up in the starry sky, than covered everything in blue for a moment, there was a lot of dragons! They wasn't even shaken by the shot, instantly nosedived towards them. The Rider and his companion run up on a bigger rock on the beach, where they were more visible.

The first three was changewings, they took a few circle around them, than as they landed they got petted. Few nadders and an unknown dragon followed them closely... the others remained a bit further ... they all were saying hellos?! Probably. The unknown one, gave something to him, that he happily accepted. What is it?

It took me a bit of time to realize what it was. Another tail fin for the nightfury. In a blink of an eye it was already placed on, he hopped in saddle and checked how the new tail working, than took off with the others.... WHY I'M IN THE AIR?!

Stormfly grabbed me, as she followed them. She threw me on her back?!

We followed the crazy nightfury high up in the air, where nobody else followed them! They were spinning, so Stormfly did it too... the world spun with me, I've totally lost what was happening and the next thing I knew, I was falling. I screamed, I totally failed to keep my cool, but I'm so high up! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!

Hiccup's POV

I was so happy when we got an another tail. I got used to spend so much time in the air, I was already missing it! As soon as it was on, and checked everything we shot up, to do some stuns, ending it with a nice a free fall. Higher and higher! We reached for the stars, the air cooled down, and when we both shivered from the cold, we didn't had patience for more. We fell in to the depth, enjoying the feeling. We both felt so alive! I love it. We love it!

A scream.

Suddenly I couldn't place what was going on, only when I saw. Ohhh shit.

Astrid was few feet below me, Stormfly not so far panicking as well.

I closed my arms, made myself smaller, so I fell faster, and with my balance I could go towards her direction. After awfully few long-long second I was near enough to grab her arm, I hold it firmly, my bud just arrived next to me as well, with a shared look I've got on his saddle, taking Astrid with me, who somehow had enough composure in herself, to take a hold on my back as we both managed to safely take a sit on Toothless.