03. A year later

Hiccup's POV

I have to admit this year in the wild was the greatest year of my life.

I spent my whole year with customizing my new home, it's the very same cave but it does not look like as it did. I had some difficulties because I didn't have much sources but I had help with it, dragons are quite helpful if you get to know them.

Currently my living place is above the original cave, dragons thought I was an idiot with my special requests, but I didn't care what they think. It's square. In the corner, next to the "door" there's my bed, next to it there's Toothless's stone. The other corner with a good look to outside if I let the door open has a haystack, it's a temporary place for dragon guests (mostly sick, injured or orphan dragons). It was one side, on the other side, on it's whole length was a one big counter.

"Downstairs" is my workshop. It's as big as my old house back at Berk, everything ordinary, expect my table, which contains my sketches, had dragon scales on, so it's fireproof. If I think about it, everything that made out of wood has protection against flames in my workshop. It's handy, since I have a lot of dragon visitor.

And of course, I had pleeeeenty of time with dragons. Shortly after Toothless realized what I meant by flying away: running away from home to spend time with him, with the dragons, he started to try to teach me Dragonese. First I didn't know what he was doing by making a same sound all the time, soon both of us got annoyed. We befriended with a deadly nadder, who got that weird habit of Toothless. I had no clue what they are doing. Like literally. I wouldn't have guessed they have language! On day I was furious (because I lost my map that I was drawing for days) and I tried to repeat their words. They were sooo happy! So I did again. When they started to say something else I repeated it, I though if it's make them happy... whatever... my first word was "fish", second was "tree" and this was the point when I realized what they are doing.

~One day~

I woke up, by two little Speed Stinger jumping right on me and I knew that they won't give up even if I pretend to sleep so I just grabbed them and tickled them, when they looked at me with wide surprised eyes than ran off, to avoid my further attacks. I chuckled quietly as they run up the wall than on the ceiling to their little nest I made for them few days ago. They tug out their heads and start to whine.

- I'm coming, I'm coming. Don't be so hasty.

I get out of my bed, than I put a bigger leather on it, so it gain some protection from the youngsters. I hate ending the day by sewing my bed sheets.

- Too tried to speak?

I looked up to a green hobblegrunt who was standing few feet away from me, next to the counter.

- Nordic still a language! ... and sorry. Sometimes I can't help it.

- Don't mind it. You may teach us your weird human language than problem solved.

- Not a bad idea Pellet. But I guess you wouldn't be able to form every word.

- Its a shame, but I believe it would work anyway. Fancy some breakfast?

- Um. I would gladly accept it.

I reached up and scratched one of the kids.

- Toothless went out for scouting a while ago, still looking for their parents.

- I hope he will find something.

- It would be great if we could find them. By the way I got some fruit for you.

- Oh thanks.

He left a few on the counter than went to entrance.

- Gotta go. See ya latter.