16. Late dinner, or early breakfast?

(A/N I'm so hypeeeeeeddddd. Like when I was about my first reader, my first follower, the first vote on my story and now the first commenter!! Ohhhhh. I'm so happy *-*)

Hiccup's POV

Dragons instantly got a huge amount for themselves, and ate without any second thought... I'm so envy. I sighed, and with my pocket knife I started to sharpen a stick for the fish, hoping to get more appetite after I finish. I placed a fish on it, and stick the stick into the ground, so it can be roasted above the fire.

Why no Berkians get food for themselves...? Why do I have to everything? I quickly made few more sticks and I tried to hand over one to Astrid, I tried to be polite but nope, she didn't take it.  Okay than. Snotlout took it gladly, so did the twins, Fishleg was a bit concerned but still accepted it. 

- You really don't want to eat?

- ... What do you want from us, Rider?

- Nothing. We are done.

- As if I fall for your acting. Why are you playing so nice? Are you going to kill us or what?! It's obvious you won't let us go, after we saw you! You never do!

- ...what do you know about me?

- Hm? Why are you asking?!

- Just think about it. I know the rumors about me. A big guy, with a bloodthirsty dragon. Now what would you say if you go back? 'Oh I've seen them! I nearly chopped his head off with an axe, but after we helped him saving dragons he invited us for a dinner, oh, and did I mentioned he is a talking fishbone? - I gestured at myself - and his dragon is an overgrown cat.' - I pointed at Toothless, who was playing with the half dead fish like a cat with a mouse -  At most places, they would kill you, if they find out you helped me.

- ...

- And still, you know nothing. Maybe one important thing, Toothless misses his half tail fin, but he has prosthetic, sooo I don't see any use of this information. So feel free to use it. If anybody would believe in you. There's no reason to harm any of you, I'm just enjoying to be with those who I love. Dragons. And if they want you here, it's not me who will say no.

- Why they want us be here? They wants to eat us?

- Eat you?! HAHAHA. Never. They hate the taste of it, too salty I guess.

- Than...?

- I don't know. I guess they like your company. 

- Like our company???

- Crazy, huh? It's just the common dragon nature after they made sure there's no danger.

Toothless came back, listening to our little conversations, while he got his well deserved petting after meal.

*Ruffnut* - Awesome! I still can't believe a nightfury right in front of us! Can I pet him too?

*Tuffnut* - I want to pet him too!

- Um. Why not? He won't bite, he is Toothless!

- Didn't you just made a pun?!

I barely visibly nodded . It was one. Kinda. They came over us, babling about how beautiful and dangerous he is... which made Toothless' ego grow even bigger. Great. They examined him while petting him nicely, which I was amazed about, when he smiled at them, pleased.

*Tuffnut* - Oh Thor! A nightfury is smiling at me! WOW!

*Ruffnut* - No! He smiled at me!

*Tuffnut* - No! At me!

They started to fight. My bud looked at me a 'now what?' face and I shrugged. Over the fight I could barely hear an amazed voice.

*Fishleg* - Wow. He is really toothless! It's so unbelieveble!

I've just wanted to tell him the truth, but Toothless started to walk towards him. Now his curiosity over took his fear, he dared to touch his scales. Soon Toothless was lost under his caring fingers. I knew Fishleg will love this chance.

- See? Just as an overgrown cat. - Toothless wasn't amazed to be called cat, he tried to hit me with his tail, but I dodged by leaning aside, so be hit on the face one of the twin. I started to laugh. - What is it babyboo? Don't like the fact you are just a kitty?

Suddenly his white teeth appeared, as he growled at me.

- Okay-okay - I raised my hands in my defence - you are much more better than a cat. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and hell lot more powerfull!

He turned back, while he slapped me with his tail. He loves acting like a princess, like he is on the top of the world! Maybe he is. But for me he always be my bud, my best friend, we don't mind the other's strange habits.

*Fishleg* - AMAZING! Retracktable teeth! Awesome!

- Yap. Awesome guy, isn't it?

*Snotlout* - Ah. Nope. You know who is awesome?! Hookfang!

He gestured towards the nightmare. Did he just named him? Cool. He was petting him like he owns him, but everything looked good beside that.

*twins* - Double head, double greatness!

*Stormfly* - What's going on?

*Hookfang* - I don't know, but my rider is proud, so I'm proud too!

I chuckled a bit. It's just funny to see they don't understand each other but get along.  It's like at home, when I was teaching my first pack of riders. I loved listening their conversation... because it makes no sense most of the time.

It went on and on, they freely walked and talked about the most amazing creatures: dragons, expect Astrid who was still acting stubborn, but she lightened up a bit too.

It's a shame I have to torn apart these bonds. I can't bring any of them with me...

(A/N  Ummm... I didn't checked this ch cuz I wanted to post it as soon as possible, so I'll check it later when I arrive home... btw sometimes I write some words on my mother tounge, because sometimes I totally forget words. I always recheck a few times,but I hope I won't ever leave any in the published one ... xD)

(Edit: Um yeah. I just had to mention xD I left a hun word in it ^^" I've corrected it!)