Do you wanna build a snowman? - Fourteen!V.Nikiforov x Child!Reader

Summary:

Where reader's family hosts the annual Grand Prix gala, Yakov was there with his current charge Plushenko, and junior Viktor was brought in tow in the hopes of drilling some maturity in that childish head of his through participating in social events.

Turns out he would end up being more childish when he comes across a four year old along the halls and instantenously had a bouncing little child urging him to come play with him outside.

"Hey, hey, mister!

Do you wanna build a snowman?"

-----
Work Text:

It wasn't really Viktor's very first Gala.

Meaning, the fourteen year old skater is at least already remotely aware of the do's and dont's during events as such.

He would often wander about though, seeing as Yakov haven't directly prohibited him from moving about yet.

Yakov's face tells him that his coach regrets ever giving him such privilege and might relinquish it any time soon.

Nevertheless, he was too busy walking behind Plushenko's tail and introducing sponsors and whatnot to even bother notice Viktor slipping off his nose once more.

It's not as if the young skater minds not being the center of attention. At least not now. But he'll have them -the spotlight, the audiences, the sponsors and judges- all under his charm, soon enough.

Just exactly like how other people would tell him.

Maybe not now, not yet, but soon enough.

As of now, he'd just enjoy his remaining days off the limelight by not wasting his time standing like some awkward pole beside vacant food tables inside the huge ballroom.

A couple of older skaters as well as a handful of existing and potential future sponsors had crowded over to either ruffle his feathers or apple-polish him in the hopes of establishing investments on his talent.

The fourteen year old teen gratefully bathed in their attention and reciprocated their enthusiasm with equal fervor.

Despite this, he could only ever stand still for so long and all those people could only really give him their attention for so fleeting a time, and thus, he was once again left alone to entertain his wandering eyes.

Intricate chandeliers of champaigne colored crystals and lights of silver and gold hung above their heads. A corner of his mind fears that one or two of them might just fall over their bodies and result to their immediate death, Viktor finds himself silently chuckling behind his curled fist at that foolish thought.

Around them were tables laden with matching silken sheets and intricate table pieces of fine poinsettias and silver twigs with the occasional strings of pearls and more crystals; plush chairs and settees with deep red velvet cushions; immaculate marbled dance floors at the center; the finest yule decorations in every tasteful nook and cranny; and at the side of the stage in the front stood the tallest Christmas tree Viktor had ever seen.

An orchestra was hired to play an array of songs to serenade the entire celebration for an entire night and he couldn't quite place a finger on a name but he knew they were famous.

Famous enough to cost a million for half a day of a performance. The party started by 6 and is expected to go through the wee hours of the morning tomorrow.

Turquoise eyes widened in shock at the numbers he arrived at.

There were windows that stretched from the floor to the ceilings every meter or so, balconies placed outside each, with rich velvet curtains draped on golden poles.