Close your eyes (and I will make your dreams come true) Part 6: Viktor x Reader

Work Text:

Heart pounding loudly against her chest, (Y/N) didn't trust herself to speak by this point anymore. She's sure that only broken words would tumble pass her incoherent lips, and she wouldn't want to risk accidentally brushing it against those fine pairs.

So she wordlessly shook her head and bit her lip, she knows that her face had been sporting a mad red blush but why bother caring anymore? For all she knows, the man would've already felt her heart abusing her rib cage.

"Because you're different." he stared for a while, before allowing himself a giddy smile, "You being adorable would of course have to be a bonus since I don't really ought to choose my students based on looks."

"You only ever had two." (Y/N) inwardly cursed herself after her bold retort, "-and they're both born gorgeous."

"Three." He corrected, that smile still on his face. Tucking strands of her (h/c) hair behind her ear, "-and their coach is too."

The girl shook her head, helpless but unable to shake off her long time idol's advances, "The Japanese and Russian Yuri's and one of those kids inside." she crossed her arms over her chest, mustering at least enough courage to indirectly voice out that she isn't anywhere near accepting his implied offer.

Viktor shakes his head, "The third one is you." he pointed out as if she doesn't already know.

Seriously, how much more could this guy prove his ability to take himself from being her idol to being the most dense man she had ever met in her entire life in barely a split second?

"You don't even know my name."

Russia's legend laughed before pulling away and settling in getting a firm yet gentle hold on her wrist instead, "Perhaps, but I'll make sure that the world would."

That quixotic promise had tugged on the dreamer within her just like how his hand on her wrist did. That dreamer that still believed she might still be able to chase her dreams with what little time she has left.

Upon reaching the rink, Viktor helped with her skates (making sure that she won't relish the blades using her bare hands again) and half-dragged her unto the ice.

She was wobbly at first, like everyone else. Feet unsteady like her heartbeat. His hands on both of her own as he flashed her another blinding grin and pulled her close.

Close enough that she was pressed against his firm chest.

Close enough to hear his heartbeat.

Close enough that she could almost hear something that seemed to say that promise aren't just words he'd strewn together out of a whim.

"Close your eyes." he said in that deep voice of his and she complied, his breath in her ear when his voice dropped to a mere whisper, "Your dreams will come true, all you need to do is hold unto them. Hold unto me. Make the most of the chances that would be thrown your way," his hands were on the sides of her face when he urged her to open her eyes, "-start by skating with me."

(E/C) hues widened at the implications his words held and the girl found her cheeks getting warmer.

If only she had enough confidence in herself that she won't lose her footing, (Y/N) would've already stepped backwards and away from the skater who repetitively bursted her personal bubble, "Skate? With you?"

It was in between something that faintly resembled a gasp and her just trying to breath the remaining oxygen in her lungs out because its not really doing her any good anymore since most of it had already been stolen by Viktor not too long ago and nothing really is helping her breathe by now anymore.