Do you wanna build a snowman? (Part two) - Teen!V.Nikiforov x Child!Reader

Work Text:

The earth was already covered in thick blankets of white snow when the pair had gotten outside.

Their boots leaving imprints from where it met layers of fallen ice crystals as they ran away from the large front manor doors and towards the back of the mansion.

"We're here!" The girl announced with unadulterated glee as she had finally let go of Viktor's hand and twirled around to face him.

The teen's ice blue hues blinked as he looked around him in wonder and dazzlement.

If he thought that the interior of the mansion had already been big enough, the exterior just went to rub it all the more in his face.

On the far side of (Y/N) marked the entrance to a huge labyrinth made out of tall rose hedges. A bit to the side of that was a fountain that had frozen mid-spray, creating the most picturesque view the skater's young eyes had ever seen.

As if on instinct, he checked his trouser's pockets for his phone and flinching upon noting its absence on both sides of his slacks.

"Your coat's inner pockets." The (H/C) girl's little voice muttered from somewhere beside him. Looking down, his eyes met expectant (E/C) ones, "Check your coat's inner pockets," (Y/N) repeated, firmer and a bit louder this time.

Viktor began doing as he was told as the girl went on talking, "-if you're looking for something, don't forget to check your coat's pocket. If it isn't there, then you freak out." She stated intellectually, even going as far as raising a finger of a hand up as if she's reciting some form of law.

The Russian teen found it oddly amusing and thus allowed (Y/N) to continue despite of finding his phone somewhere in the middle of her little speech.

"Found it~" he cheered, feigning utter relief by the use of a sigh.

Large (E/C) eyes blinked before the glimmer of something else replaced her momentary stupor, "Didn't you already?" She smirked, and for someone ten years younger than him, this girl could be utterly condescending.

Still, the young skater couldn't keep himself from smiling as he helplessly shook his head.

Tugging (Y/N) along, he made the pair of them sit on the frosted marble of the fountain's edge as he swung one of his arms around her little shoulders and held his camera phone out at arm's length using his vacant one, "Say cheese!"

"Wai-" he smiled wide and took a picture, not waiting for the girl to finish her complaint.

It came out rather good, actually. Even if (Y/N) had both her eyes and mouth slightly parted and was reaching out with her short arms to grasp his arm that had the phone.

"Aww, so cute!" He cooed, grinning as the girl pouted and crossed her arms over her chest.

"It's rude to take photos of other people without their consent." She chastised him, evidently miffed as she stood up and went over to kneel on the snow covered ground.

Viktor watched her from where he was, allowing the girl a few minutes to cool down because he knew he had seriously pissed her off with what he did.

After the poorly assembled base for what he figured would be the snowman she talked about, the Russian skater finally stood up to crouch beside the still-sulking (H/C).

"Hey," he began, actually uncertain as he played with some snow he picked up on his way.

(Y/N) only gave him a curt nod as she carefully patted some snow to at least make her base a bit sturdy, her brows furrowed in utmost concentration and she looked so sobersided that it was almost laughable.

"For someone who pulled me all the way out of here-" he began in a chuckle but was cut off.

"I wouldn't have done that if you looked like you had anything better to do." She cut him off as she groaned when a huge chunk of her snowman's body fell off the side, "Urgh, why. Won't. This. Thing. Hold. Still." (Y/N) said through gritted teeth. Resorting to landing furious punches on the snow instead.

Viktor openly chuckled now and gently held her wrists to keep her from accidentally hurting yourself, "Calm down," he didn't even know what compelled him to do so, but he found himself hugging the girl close to his chest, "-it really won't stand if you would keep punching it like that."

(Y/N) sighed but then finally relaxed against him as her bottom lip jutted out once more and she plopped herself against his form, her arms crossed once more, "What do you suggest I do then? I've waited so long for it to snow here and this," she waved a frustrated hand at the snow that she had a hard time describing because that pile over there definitely doesn't look like a snowman, at all.

"-thing won't cooperate!" She finally finished, obviously frustrated.

Blue hues blinked in mild bewilderment.

For a child, (Y/N) looked mortally offended. As if it was her first time not to manage to get something through sheer effort, "Okay, okay, let me help you!" He offered, because he couldn't think of anything he would want to do more at that moment than to wipe that gloomy look off the girl's youthful face.

His hands found tiny white gloved ones and he admired how his long digits dwarfed the child's little ones as he guided them through building their little snowman.
-----

Lifting the little girl up by the waist, Viktor instructed (Y/N) to place the items they gathered on the snowman's face.

Little stones composed the eyes, mouth and a chewed on carrot they found on the stables (which Viktor was still wondering how on earth the child knew where much less know about), served as it's classic nose.

"Done!" They both cheered. The Russian teen twirling the girl around in his arms before collapsing on the ground by the foot of the snowman. His body keeping the girl from landing directly on the cold snow.

It didn't keep (Y/N) from rolling off of him though, and when she did, he immediately hatched another idea.

Arms and legs waving about, Viktor began making his own snow angel.

(E/C) hues stared down at him with utter curiosity mingled with a little bit of disbelief as (Y/N) crouched down to watch him closely from where she stood, "What are you doing?"

Viktor momentarily stopped what he was doing, "Snow angels," he answered as he sat up, "-doesn't it look like it?"

The girl shook her head gravely. "No, not at all. It seems to be missing something," before her face lit up in what Viktor could clearly tell was mischief and a handful of snow was shoved on his face.

He wore the frozen mask on his face for a full minute as his mind tried its outmost best to comprehend just what on earth had happened.

(Y/N), a four year old girl he just met, just shoved snow. On. His. Face.

A smirk crawled it's way to his thin lips as he shook the snow off his face. Giving the girl a predatory look, he slowly stood up and towered over her retreating form, "My, my, zvyozdochka (little star). You don't know what you had just allowed to ensue." He simpered, grabbing a handful of snow from the ground beside him and molding it to a ball.

"W-what?" (Y/N) actually stammered and Viktor found himself incredibly pleased with this, seeing it as slight improvement that he at least managed to make himself appear his age for once.

The teen threw the ball on the air before catching it once more, "Need I explain the rules of a snowball fight?" There was a glimmer in his eyes and he knew she saw it.

The girl answered with a snicker of her own, picking up and rounding her own snowball,

"It's on!"

-----To be continued