Soulmates No. 1 Sterek

A/N: This soulmate AU is where you have the first words of your soulmate on your wirst. I tried to be as creative as possible and I hope it's good. 

Just a warning, there is swearing in this. 

When you're 12 years old you get the first words your soul mate says to you on your wrist, in their handwriting. It's been 13 years since I've gotten my soul mates first words on my right wrist. It's always interested me on how I'll get into the situation where: It's not what it looks like! Would be appropriate. Maybe I say something to them first?

"Are you listening to me, Derek?" Isaac asks, waving his hand in front of my face as we sit at the cafeteria in the hospital. Yeah, I'm a doctor, Isaac here is a surgeon, our lunch breaks are at the same time and the bonus is that we're best friends.

"Huh?" I snap out of my thoughts and look at Isaac whose eyebrow is raised. "What'd you day?"

Isaac sighs. "I hate it when you do that," he grumbles. "You'll meet your soul mate in due time."

"You haven't met yours either!" I protest.

"At least I'm being patient," he says. "I'm just letting it play out."

"You're too laid back sometimes," I say. "It's pissing me off."

Isaac grins when he beeps. "Well, gotta go, it's time for my next operation."

"Whatever," I grumble. "Go be a superhero like always."

"Hey, if I'm a superhero, then what are you?" Isaac laughs and I glare at him.

"Dr Hale!" Lily, a nurse that I work with calls out. "There's been an issue with Delilah!"

I pale. Delilah is my favourite patient and she's been on the waiting list for a heart transplant for a good year and a half. So when Lily says there's been an issue, it means it's bad.

I jump up and sprint out of the cafeteria with Lily following me closely behind. I go into the elevator, Lily entering after me. I press the third floor button and the door closes.

As soon as the doors open I sprint out and head straight towards her room.

"Delilah!" I exclaim as I swing it open to find the machines attached to her beeping. "GET ME A DEFIBRILLATOR!"

~~~

"I need a goddamn drink or something," I mumble as I walk to my car.

"Derek," Isaac says from behind me. I turn to see him still in his green scrubs. "I heard about Delilah."

"Shut up Isaac," I grumble, taking my keys out of my pocket. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"It wasn't your fault!"

"I just said I don't want to talk about it."

Delilah died minutes after we got the defibrillator. I hated telling her family. The look on their faces just made me want to quit my job and never look back.

"Alright," Isaac sighs. "Just. Don't get drunk. Drink anything but alcohol. Promise me that."

"Fine. I'll go to the café down the street," I say with a sigh. "I'm just glad I have a day off tomorrow. I really don't need to see that empty..." I sigh. "Room."

"Alright," Isaac says. "I'll text you tomorrow and see how you are."

"I can tell you already," I say, unlocking the car. "I'm gonna be shit."