Habits - Sterek

A/N These are all observations I've made of my dog, Max. Obviously I've made some changes, but he does and reacts to these things nonetheless. 

Enjoy! 

I've been with Derek for around six months now, and there's been somethings that I have noticed about him. Naturally I know he's a werewolf, but I didn't realise that he actually has habits that remind me of a... well, a dog. Unfortunately he hates the comparison, and I understand that, it's just, they're so obvious.

So there's no surprise that I've made a list of these said habits about Der. Never will I ever show him this list, but let's go through it shall we?

...

1. Encasing himself around loved ones – usually either pressing his head into necks, under arms or in between legs.

Now, I started noticing this about four months ago. Back when he finally opened up to me about his past fully and consensually. After it happening multiple times I've come to the conclusion that he does this for comfort and protection. Side note – when I say in between legs I mean the lower thighs or calves. No idea why he picks those areas though...

Honestly, it is oddly one of the sweetest things about him.

-Four Months Ago-

I'm comfortably sitting in the lounge of the loft, watching TV. I hear Derek sigh and I spin my head to see him sluggishly walking up to me, a small pout on his face.

"What's wrong Der?" I ask as he collapses down next to me.

He shrugs before pressing his head into my neck and breathing out heavily. Like it's relieving him. "Needed you," he mumbles.

I laugh as his scruff tickles my neck and I thread my fingers through his hair. "You've got me."

...

2. Presses his side against people – scent marking.

I noticed this before we even started dating, I just never really took notice. Although, he's started rigorously scent marking me for about a month now. No idea why.

-One Month Ago-

"Der I'm back!" I call out into the quiet loft. The pack must be out doing something. Der should still be here though, he would have texted me otherwise.

He comes out of the kitchen lazily scratching the back of his neck. "What took you so long?" he grumbles.

I roll my eyes as I remove my jacket and toss it over the back of the couch. "Nice to see you too darling."

He huffs before scrunching his nose up. "You smell weird."

I groan. "Yeah, this creep kept trying to get close to me during class. Apparently he was flirting, which is why Scott stepped in, but I was just really weirded out."

Derek growls before pressing his side against my back and his arm sliding around my side and waist, holding me securely there while his nose skims up my neck and his lips stopping over mine. "It's a bad smell, I need to get it off."

I just nod and let myself melt against him.

...

3. Artificial noises irritate him – the 'no button incident'.

Now, this incident happened about three months ago. It was hilarious for me, but Derek absolutely hated it.

-Three Months Ago-