Influential and Wonderful - Sterek

A/N I've been watching too much YouTube I think. I wanted to write something nice. I'm having a shitty time at the moment and this helps me overcome stuff so.

Enjoy!

-Stiles-
Derek is a New York Yankee. It's his third season so he's one of the favourites now. I'm currently sitting in the box for the families of the players.

It's a little disappointing to see that I am the only one that showed up today. Normally Peter would come and terrorise me while I try to cheer my fiancé on.

It's halfway through the game when I see the ball, hit by one of Derek's teammates, fly into the crowd.

Immediately I see a small kid reach for it, but it's caught by a much taller person. He has such a heartbroken expression on his face and it hurts to see him hide his tears.

I have to do something to make sure that this doesn't turn into the game that he almost caught the ball. I'm sure the thought that went through his mind was 'I'm gonna get it!' Then only to have it ripped from him by an older person that has height on his side. That would be a very shitty feeling.

So I stand and leave the box despite the others trying to stop me.

-The commentary at this moment-
"This is so sad to see."

"I wish we could give him a ball."

Suddenly, the cameras shift over to Stiles walking through the seats, heading toward the child.

"Oh, what's this?"

"It looks like Stiles Stilinski, Derek Hale's fiancé has seen what happened."

Stiles then sits beside the child and his father.

"Look at this," one commentator cooes. "Stiles Stilinski is comforting a young fan of the New York Yankees from missing the catch he was so close to getting."

"This is what I love to see. Truly, this has to be one of the best moments this year."

"I have no doubt Derek Hale will be very proud of his partner once he finds out."

-Back to Stiles-
I greet his father first and make sure that he's okay with me speaking to his son, Bryan.

"Hey Bryan," I say softly, wrapping an arm around him.

"Bry," his dad says. "It's Stiles Stilinski."

Bryan's head pops up and looks at me with teary eyes and a runny nose. "Yo-you mean Derek Hale's boyfriend?"

"The one and only," I grin. "I saw what happened and how you missed the catch." Bryan dejectedly nods, pouting and he's so adorable. "How about, after the game, the three of us go to the locker rooms and you can meet everyone? Does that sound good?"

Bryan's gave lights up immensely and he smiles wide. "Yes!"

So for the rest of the game, after sending a quick message to the coach about what I'm planning to do, I stay beside Bryan and enjoy watching the game with - what I just found out - one of Der's biggest fans.

I was wondering how he recognised me with just my name. Now I know.

Once the game ends, the Yankees have won, due to Derek's winning home run right at the end, I stand and lead the father and son down to the locker rooms.