Warm Up - Sterek

A/N Heya, so I've got a few ideas for some more one-shots, but they'll be slow updates because I'm back at uni so I need to focus on that too. Stay safe and I hope to post again soon. 

Trigger warning, this fic has a near-death experience with drowning . 

-Stiles-
Derek and I are at a snow resort for a getaway. Both of us have been stressed over work and pack related issues. But, the thing is, is that it wasn't even our idea to go on this trip, it was Erica's. 

Apparently, we looked like death, and she planned everything for us. So, yeah, Erica's a badass. 

"Oh hell yeah," I say as the two of us look up at the cabin that we'll be staying in for the next few days. 

It's small, and the lights are already on, with smoke coming out of the chimney. The staff must've gotten it prepared for us. 

"Looks nice," Derek says with a nod. 

I roll my eyes, smiling, and taking his hand. "C'mon. Let's get inside, I wanna check everything out."

Derek laughs and happily follows me in. 

The cabin feels larger inside, and I hold that onto the interior decorating. It's so good that I could be convinced that Lydia did it - and she's the best in the business. 

Derek whistles while I silently walk around, taking in the room. As I do, Derek chuckles and I spin around to him, raising an eyebrow. "Can I help you?" 

He smirks and leans against the kitchen bench, which is next to the front door. "The fact that you aren't saying anything tells me that you love the decor." 

I grin and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, whose arms snake around my waist. "Yeah, but, I love you more."

He laughs and pulls me tighter against him. "I fucking hope so." 

He leans in to kiss me, but I suddenly think of something. "Oh!" I half-shout and he sighs, dropping his head onto my shoulder. "We gotta figure out what to do tomorrow." 

"I think we should just stay indoors and warm each other up.

I roll my eyes and smile. "Har-har. But seriously, there's this beautiful lake about five minutes away that I wanna check out." 

Derek tilts his head to the side. "Isn't it going to be frozen over?" 

"Yep," I say with a sharp nod. "It's supposed to be super cool, that's why I wanna see it."

He sighs but smiles warmly. "I guess it's not a terrible idea. As long as we can warm up afterwards." 

I laugh and finally give him the kiss he wanted in the first place. He hums happily, tightening his grip on my hips.

Safe to say, we spend the next few hours warming each other up

~~~

The following day, Derek and I rug up before we begin our walk to the lake. 

There's a fresh layer of snow, and when we take steps, it makes the very satisfying crunching sound. 

Excitement thrums through me as we make our way down the path that's only possible to follow because of the signs put up. It's a really beautiful path because it's surrounded by trees, with snow resting on the branches and still-living leaves. If you didn't know that there's a resort about a hundred metres away, you'd think that it's just forest surrounding you. That's how dense it is with trees.