Good Luck 6 - Sterek

A/N This is the final part to this little mini-series. 

Enjoy!

The basketball game went amazing, Der's team won and he brought me down on the court to celebrate with the team. We're pretty sure some paparazzi caught us kissing, but it doesn't freak me out like it used to. 

In fact, I'm relieved that people know. It's not like we were avidly trying to hide our relationship, it's more that no one really tried to find out. 

Besides, now it's more humiliating for that interviewer considering me, a fox hybrid, is basically married to Derek. 

I wish I could feel happy and relaxed today, but I can't. That douche bag is still in my class, and it really feels like there's nothing I can do about it. And now, I can't get little Fletcher off my mind. I've always hated the 'rescue centres' for hybrids. It feels like a fucking veterinary clinic for injured and abandoned animals. We are not animals

"Alright," Derek stands up, pulling me with him. "That's it. I've had enough." 

I watch as he grabs his car keys. "What's wrong, Der?" 

"I know you think you're fine, and not letting me worry, but I've had enough of your zone-out moments, worrying about things alone. So, we're gonna sort out everything today, together. As mates."

"What are you talking about?" 

"We are going to see the headmaster at your college and you're going to tell him your problems with keeping that prick in your class." 

"Okay. Okay yeah. I can do that." 

"Yes. You can," he says, no doubt in his life. "You can and will do that. Because you are strong, and your own mind. You are your own person, and I know you can protect and help yourself." 

I nod. "I know I can too." 

"Good. Good." He throws a jacket over my shoulders, and we head to our garage. "Let's go. We'll get this over and done with, and then we can deal with the next issue on our lists."

I decide to focus on preparing what I'm going to say to my boss instead of getting caught up in what the next order of business is after this. I need to concentrate.

"I need my pills," I say once we get into the car. 

"ADHD acting up?" 

I nod. "Yeah. I just need something to slow me down. I can't stay still.

He places a hand on my knee, stopping it from bouncing up and down. "Hey. It's okay, stay right here, I'll get you your adderall and some water. I'll be right back."

When Derek returns, he passes over two pills and an unopened bottle of water. "Thank you, Der. Really, you have no idea how grateful I am to have you here to help me. I know I'm strong, but you give me a push when I need it." 

"You and I both know that you can handle it, sometimes you just get carried away in your thoughts," Derek says. "Alright. Ready to go?" 

"As I'll ever be."

"That's the spirit." 

Derek drives off, linking hands with mine, leaving one on the steering wheel. 

~~~

"I'll wait outside for you," Derek says, kissing my cheek. 

Nodding, I take a breath and clench my fists. "I've got this. Totally got this." 

"Yes, you do."

I knock on the door and enter, holding onto my resolve and greeting the headmaster.