Good Luck 2 - Sterek

Heya, so I've been reading some of my stories here and I got a recent comment from KristineJohnson3 who wanted me to write more of hybrid Sterek/Scisaac, and I got a burst of inspiration for a continuation of Good Luck. 

This is going to have multiple parts so I'm hoping you all will enjoy this, thank you~ 

It's been about six years since Derek and I got together and a lot has happened since. 

We went to the same college, I got a degree in teaching and now am a professor that focuses on hybrid education since a lot of information about us isn't in the curriculum yet. But, there's serious discussion to implement a course in the high school curriculum, which I am all for. I think it's time to say, 'fuck discrimination' and just move on in peace. 

Now, obviously I know it's not that easy, but having a class about hybrids in high school is a damn good start. 

So, as I said, I'm a professor that teaches about hybrids. From the history to the biology of us. I make it as interesting as I can, and it seems to be working well if the students from my previous years is anything to go by. 

But this year I'm getting a bad feeling, like something is just going to ruin all my progress - maybe even all of our progress. You see, me and my close-knit group of friends have accomplished a lot despite our status. 

Boyd is a well-respected policeman, and played a role in the new hybrid protection laws that prevents civilians and cops to arrest or harass hybrids when they've done nothing wrong to warrant such reactions. 

Erica has shortened the gap in regards to hybrid fashion, bringing fun and cool styles to the forefront of the industry. Because of her, there has never been a higher demand for hybrid models and clothing lines. 

Isaac has opened a day care for hybrid children. He's made a service so easily accessible for humans that rarely accepted hybrid children, into one for hybrid families that otherwise couldn't use it. 

And then there's my beloved Derek, a now professional basketball player in the otherwise strictly-human sporting industry. Due to his incredible improvisation skills and talent at the game, Derek was quickly scouted into numerous colleges and then actual national teams. He's slowly changing the perception sports fans and athletes have of hybrids. 

These are all incredible feats and we're garnering attention from the media because of it. And due to our careers, we had to move to a far more populated area where the opportunities are far vaster for us, thus getting more - and sometimes unwanted - attention. Meaning: me moved to LA and are living in a very nice townhouse, directly opposite from where Erica and Boyd, and soon Scott and Isaac, are living. 

That's where I am now, in my home, cuddled up to Derek, reading through my notes for the first lecture of the semester. 

I'm starting at the beginning, with the history of hybrids. How were created and how hypocritical humans can be when approaching this exact discussion. 

I'm always apprehensive when I begin the first lecture. There's always this concern I have when I start, that some self-righteous bigot will jump up and attempt to degrade me, embarrass me, discriminate against me, and ruin how I approach my class. 

"You're worrying again," Derek says, pulling me out of my thoughts, making me hum in response. "Your ears have fallen flat, haven't you noticed?" There's a teasing tone in his voice, and my ears immediately perk up once I'm aware and he laughs, lightly touching one. "They're so cute and soft."