Rinse It Out - Sterek

A/N I was in the mood for posting while I remain completely unsocial for a whole two weeks. I was peopled out after the first term of college was over, seriously, I hate how many people just surround the area my friends and I are at. It's almost overwhelming sometimes and I do not want an anxiety attack. I've had enough of them.

I've had this idea written down for a while now, so enjoy!

Somehow Derek is our relief teacher for our science class. I have no idea how Deaton did it, but he did.

Apparently there's a creature lurking around the school, no surprise there, but because I am Derek's mate now, fully marked and everything, he refuses to let me go to school with the threat of a creature attacking.

He's more protective of me, and usually I'm not complaining because it's hot when he gets jealous, but this is too much.

Seriously.

"Stiles," Derek yells out, pulling me out of my thoughts. "Lost you there for a second."

I cough. "Sorry... sir." Ugh, that sounds awful. I never call Derek, sir, he's my boyfriend for Pete's sake!

He smirks a little and I just want to punch him. Asshole.

"I said everyone needs to pair up for the experiment you're conducting today."

I turn to Scott and we nod at each other. Got my partner.

"I had the instructions printed out so you know exactly what to do," Derek states, standing up. "But I have to implore you on this one thing. Wear glasses, this chemical reaction can occasionally spit out things you do not want in your eye."

Yeah, yeah. "Can we start the experiment now?" I ask and he raises an eyebrow. "Just want to start learning."

He sighs, muttering something under his breath, which only makes Scott laugh because of his stupid werewolf hearing.

"What'd he say Scott?" I whisper.

"No time for conversation Stiles," Derek says. Crap. I hate werewolves! They are always listening. "Get set up for the experiment. I thought you were itching to get started."

I sigh. "I am, I was just asking Scott here what we should start with."

"Protection," Danny calls out and I glare at him. Way to make an innuendo in front of my boyfriend about my best friend and me.

Derek huffs. "Just get started." I think he growled a little at the end of that. He's not happy about Danny's comment.

I drag Scott over to an area where we can start the experiment. "Shouldn't we put protective glasses on first?" Scott asks and I shake my head.

"Please. He's just trying to scare us."

I mix the two chemicals together inside the test tube, only for it to overflow, instantly heating up and begins to spit the mixed chemicals out.

"What?!" I yell out in shock before – ironically – a bit of the chemicals shoot into my eye. "MotherTRUCKER!" It hurts like a bitch!

"What happened?" Derek yells.

"Stiles got some of the chemicals in his eye," Scott says, mid-panic. 

"Move over!" Derek pushes the other students out of the way and hurries me over to the sink. "You're such an idiot Stiles."

"Sorry." I try hard to hold back the tears of pain, which just makes the agony worse.

He turns the tap on. "You need to rinse your eye out." His hand rests on the back of my neck, holding me there while the water rinses out the chemicals in my eye. "I can't believe you didn't listen to me."

"I thought you were just doing it to spook us."

"Stiles," he sighs. "When your safety is involved, I never joke. Understand."

If I could, I would roll my eyes. "You're such a protective wolf."

"It's because we've mated and I've marked you as mine," he grumbles. "It's in my nature to protect you against anything and everything."

"Sourwolf," I say and attempt to look up. "Can I move yet?"

His hand moves and I straighten up, just to have his hands holding my face while he checks my eye. "It's bloodshot, but I think it's all out."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness." I wrap my arms tightly around him, his securely wrap around my waist, holding me close. "I do not want to go blind because of something as stupid as this."

Derek isn't allowed to return as a teacher. In fact he was 'fired' for having a relationship with a student. Apparently a teacher saw us embracing after my eye was rinsed out.

Derek's pissed about not being allowed back to the school while I'm rejoicing in the small amount of time where I don't have to worry about my super-hot, protective boyfriend beating up every guy that even looks at me.

ButI can't help loving him.

(P.S. Derek grumbled about how he now understands why Stiles' teacher's get so frustrated with him.)