Forever - Sterek

Heya, it's been a while since I've posted something and I'm really sorry about that, I just got swept up in school - which I'm now at uni so I hope I can be forgiven. I don't know if I'll get back to my other story about the run/hunt, we'll see how I go.

I just realised during my escapades of re-reading some sterek fics, that we never really saw Derek mourn Laura - that's probably because he's emotionally closed-off and finds it hard to express stuff. So I guess I wanted to write that.

Derek
This shouldn't have happened.

Uncle Peter is somehow alive and psychotic, desperate enough to kill his niece.

My sister. Laura. 

She's gone.

Stiles
It's one of those classic scenes. Y'know, when the rain is pouring outside, the handsome, brooding werewolf moping in his bed (see: Stiles' bed).

"I've got two questions for you Mr Grumpy Pants," Stiles says, hands on his hips after switching the glaring light on, causing the wolf to groan. "One, what are you doing in my bed? And two, what's got you all upset?"

Derek sits up, his hair sticking up all over the place his always-there frown just that little bit deeper. "I'm not in the mood Stiles."

He rolls his eyes. "Work with me. You've essentially broken into my house, I think I deserve a bit of an explanation since last time I was aware, you wanted to rip my throat out. With your teeth."

He sighs and looks at Stiles, eyes flashing blue momentarily, which sends a pang through his chest. There's something about that specific expression that makes Stiles want to wrap him in thousands of blankets and make him soup.

"My sister is dead."

Stiles pauses, unsure of how to answer that. He could he his usual smart-ass-self, but something's telling him that it's not exactly appropriate, nor would it be well received. "She is."

"I can't..." Derek's throat audibly closes on him and Stiles is in shock. "She was the last one." She was the only thing keeping him together.

"Derek..."

"My uncle killed her. And now..." He's alone.

Stiles approaches him, trying to hide his pity - which is actually pure pain for Derek. "Der."

"I don't want any goddamn apologies or some half-hearted shit from you. Please."

Stiles silently nods and decides to just wrap Derek up in his arms as well as he can, and just hold him.

He'll hold him for as long as he needs it.

Forever.