Surprise? - Sterek

A/N for this fic Talia is OOC on purpose. There are some offensive comments in here so please tread lightly through them.

Enjoy!

-Stiles-
"Der!" I call out as I enter our house, cradling our son on my hip.

He's currently sucking his thumb as he looks around, wide eyed with his blue eyes. Like usual, everything astounds him.

We enter the kitchen to find my incredibly wonderful and attractive husband leaning against the island bench. His eyebrows are tensely scrunched as his phone is pressed to his ear.

"Der, ba-"

Derek quickly presses his index finger to his lips - a worldwide sign for me to sit my mouth.

Must be his parents on the phone.

"Mum, I've said this before-" Der starts, but grunts when he's clearly cut off by his mum. "Mum! I'm not interested in you trying to set me up with what's her name." There's a pause. "Hannah, yeah, whatever. I'm not interested." He then hangs up and drops his head against the counters surface.

I frown and quickly place Max down in the connecting lounge with cartoons on to keep him entertained. I then return to Derek, wrapping my arms around his waist, pressing me face against his warm and muscular back.

"Will you ever tell them you're married and have a son?" I ask lightly.

He sighs deeply. "I really, really want to. But..."

"You're afraid they'll disown you?"

"They're not the most accepting people."

I nod, holding him tighter. "One day. Tell them one day. Otherwise who knows what they'll do when you turn thirty-five and are still 'single'."

Der scoffs and turns around to pull me into a warm hug. "I love you Stiles. Max too. I love you both."

I grin. "You better."

~~~

Friday nights are date night. Scot and Isaac take Max for the night while Der and I do whatever the heck we want.

Tonight is movie night. Shitty movies and an 'early' night. Heh.

That's the plan at least until seven thirty comes by and there's a knock at our front door.

We share a confused look before Derek gets up to answer the door.

"Hi honey!" a loud enthusiastic voice rings out in the otherwise silent house.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Derek exclaims in surprise and what sounds like a tonne of fear laced underneath.

"Now, is that anyway to talk to your parents who came from New York to visit you?"

Parents. SHIT. Derek's parents are here with no warning.

Panic fills me and my mind goes utterly blank.

What do I do?

I rush into the kitchen just as his parents walk in.

"Isn't this cosy?" his mum says, but there's clear distaste in her slow tone.

"It's not to your usual standards," Derek states. "But it's my style."

"Of course," she smiles a little. "Silly me for wanting the best for my single son."

Derek sighs. "I'm happy Mum."

"Got a backyard?" His dad asks, dropping a suitcase down.

Oh god...