Music to My Ears Pt. 2 - Sterek

A/N I know it's been a while, but I've been a little stressed lately and haven't been in the right state of mind to update. Sorry. The good thing is, is I passed my exam and folio. 

This is the second part to Music to My Ears, obviously... 

Enjoy! 

Stiles is currently having lunch with his father, promising to visit me afterwards, which will be around three this afternoon. Approximately.

So, while I'm cleaning up around the loft I just entertain myself.

"Seven A.M, the usual morning line-up. Start on the chores, and sweep 'til the floor's all clean. Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up. Sweep again, and by then it's like seven-fifteen."

"Der! I'm home~"

"Good, you can help me clean."

"Ugh... I'm not home?"

"Stiles."

"Fiiiiine."

~~~

Turns out, Stiles' dad was called in for a murder, and even though Stiles really wanted to go with him he was sent home. You know, after he visited me.

It's around four the same day and he's been whining over text about how awful it is to be at home alone with nothing to do.

I'm on my way to his house because, seriously, his complaining has magical powers. It's irritating as a whole really.

"Why should I worry? Why should I care? I may not have a dime. But I got street savoire faire. Why should I worry? Why should I care? It's just a be-bopulation. And I got street savoire faire."

~~~

Babysitting certainly wasn't something I was planning to do on a Saturday, but my adorable boyfriend insisted that we suffer together. The Sheriff wants Stiles to interact with younger people in hopes to inspire to get his son into teaching pre-school or primary. So far nothing has worked, even though it's very clear that it's a good choice of career for him.

It's the girl's bedtime and she asked me to check under her bed and closet for monsters since I am the manly one out of the both of us. Stiles was offended.

"Mr Oogie Boogie says there's trouble close at hand. You better pay attention now, 'cause I'm the Boogie Man. And if you aren't shaking, there's something very wrong. 'Cause this may be the last time you hear the Boogie Song, ohhh."

Her shrieking laughter grabs Stiles' attention and he walks in. "What's this?"

She laughs harder at that. I guess she's familiar with the movie.

"I'm just giving her a lullaby babe," I grin slightly. "Don't worry."

He just shrugs and walks out.

~~~

I'm waiting outside the school the following Monday, picking up Stiles so that we can go back to my loft and 'hang out' before the pack come over for a meeting.

I spot him sitting in Mr Harris' class alongside Scott, Isaac, and Danny.

"Those poor unfortunate souls. So sad. So true."

The bell rings and I see the four of them sprint from the room and I huff out a laugh. This is my pack.

~~~

It's been only five months since Stiles and I have started dating. So there's no surprise that we haven't exchanged 'I love you's, yet. Am I even ready to tell him how I feel? How do I feel?

You're in looove~

Piss off, no I'm not.

"No chance, no way, I won't say it, no, no. It's too cliché, I won't say I'm in love."

"Ugh please," Erica scoffs as she walks into the loft. "You are head over heels for that idiot."

"I hate you."

~~~

For some reason I'm sitting at the edge of the forest looking over my ridiculous boyfriend at try-outs for this year's lacrosse team.

I can't help but be reminded of a classic song to narrate this very moment of Stiles' life.

"Ooh-bi-doo, I wanna be like you. I wanna walk like you, talk like you, too."

Stiles would kill me if he found out I sang that. Although, he might let me off considering I sang it. But, I'm not going to risk it. No way in hell.

~~~

So it turns out that Erica blabbed and told Stiles about my singing escapades. He is wearing a smug smile at this very moment as he looks at me from across the couch.

"Stop looking at me like that," I grumble as I try to read.

"Can't help it."

"Why?"

"I think we should do a duet."

"No."

"Yep. I'm thinking 'Gaston', I'll be Gaston and you'll be LeFou."

"Hell no. I'm Gaston, you're LeFou."

"Whatever, but c'mon. It'll be fun. I promise!"

I sigh and close the book, placing it on the table in front of it. "Fine. But if someone walks in on this, I will hurt you." I have a feeling he knows I won't, but I need to keep up my intimidating facade. 

Stiles had the good idea to put on the actual song from YouTube and we started to sing along.

"Gosh it disturbs me to see you Gaston, looking so down in the dumps. Every guy here'd love to be you Gaston. Even when taking your lumps." Stiles began.

"There's no man in town as admired as you. You're everyone's favourite guy! Everyone's awed and inspired by you, and it's not very hard to see why."

Then we sing together, and Stiles somehow grabs hold of my hands and starts spinning me around with him, a large grin spread across his face. Damn he's irresistible sometimes. "No one's slick as Gaston. No one's quick as Gaston. No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston.

"For there's no man in town half as manly. Perfect, a pure paragon. You can ask any Tom, Dick, or Stanley, and they'll tell you whose team they'd prefer to be on.

"No one's been like Gaston. A king pin like Gaston. No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston."

Stiles stops singing and lets me do Gaston's part. "As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!"

"My what a guy, that Gaston!"

I stop singing and immediately stop the music as I turn to glare at Scott an Isaac who were hiding behind the couch, with shit eating grins on their faces.

"Stiles!" I growl.

"Love you!"

That makes me freeze for a second. The perfect amount of time for Stiles and his annoying posse to sprint to the door, leaving me in the dust.

Eh. I'll get them later. For now, I have to process what Stiles said.