Misunderstandings - Sterek

A/N Ahhh, I'm eighteen now... I'm not ready to be an adult, and here I am. 

Burst of inspiration, so I hope you enjoy! 

-Stiles-
"When are they arriving?" Lydia asks no one in particular as she enters the Hale Pack House.

"In about an hour or so," I answer her, from my comfortable seat that is my Sourwolf's warm lap.

He's invested in a book at the moment and I've been stuck here for over an hour already. But hey, it's not like I'm complaining or anything. If I could, I'd live here.

"Alright, good. Is everyone ready?" she asks, sitting down across from us, adjusting her hair. "I don't want our pack to be an embarrassment."

I grin. "They're all washed and dressed. Ready to make a good impression. You don't need to worry, leave it up to the alpha pair. We handle the pack quite well."

Lydia nods. "I know, it just seems like you're very comfortable there."

I nod and kiss Derek's cheek. "Luckily I had everyone in order before this happened."

"So what's the plan?" Scott asks as he and Isaac enter the room, holding hands.

"We're just acquainting ourselves with the neighbouring pack. We need to keep good relations with them after all," Derek says, placing his book down and pulling me closer.

I get up and stretch my back. I was slouched around Derek for a while there so my muscles are all tense from being set in awkward positions. You'd think they'd be used to it, but apparently not.

"Alright," I say. "I'm gonna have a quick shower and nicer clothes on."

"But you look great as you are now," Derek says, trying to pull me back into his lap.

"Maybe to you," I huff. "But I'm the emissary, I should look appropriate, and being in shorts and one of your shirts isn't going to cut it."

He huffs but lets go of my wrist, allowing me to leave and go upstairs to get ready.

I honestly didn't think my shower was that long, but by the time I'm in mine and Derek's room I can hear the packs greeting one another. So I'm rushing to throw on a nice dark blue button up shirt and a new pair of black skinny jeans. They're a little tight and tough due to the newness of them, but they work with the shirt.

Once I make it downstairs and out the front door everyone has already been introduced. I approach Derek, where he's talking with who's obviously the alpha of the other pack.

"Ah, Jordan," Derek says, turning to draw attention to me. "This is my trusted Emissary, Stiles Stilinski."

"Stilinski?" Jordan says and I nod. "I came across John Stilinski on the way here. Apparently I was going a little too fast."

I blush and look down. Of course Dad would be the one to pull over the alpha of the neighbouring pack. "Dad's just doing his job I guess."

Jordan nods. "Emissary you say? So you're a druid?"

"Spark, actually."

He hums. "That's why you smell different."

I nod, and as I'm about to wrap an arm around Derek's waist, two new people approach us.

"These are my children," Jordan says. "Harrison and Claire. Harrison is the future alpha of my pack, he has great potential."

"No doubt," Derek smiles politely. But there's something off about it, but I can't put my finger on it. "It's a pleasure to meet you Harrison." They shake hands and the area around the two is very tense and I look to Claire.