A kiss to forget

Everyone who Ethan kisses forgets every memory they have of him. 

Ethan sighed. He played a little with his cup of coffee, just to make a mess of his t-shirt. "Shit," he mumbled, running his hand through his blue hair. Luckily only one girl saw him, and he walked over to her, cupped her cheeks and pressed his lips against hers. Her eyes widened in surprise and she stopped giggling. But soon enough her eyes closed and she became limb. Ethan wasn't shocked. He knew she would wake up half a minute later, not remembering the blue haired boy with the grey eyes.

You see, Ethan Nestor wasn't an ordinary guy. He might look like it, with the most outstanding thing his blue dyed hair, but he had a power no one knew. Or at least, no one could remember.

Whenever he kissed somebody, be it a man or a woman, they would forget any memory they had of him. Gaps would be filled up with someone else, who also got that memory. Nobody understood how it was possible. Either way, Ethan could change nature in a drastic way.

Ethan used his power to make people forget about blunders he did, because Ethan was clumsy. He had kissed countless people and erased countless memories.

He also could make fake memories, though he didn't know how. He did it once, but it was a mystery even for him.

His parents hired a man who could do the same. He had to travel all around the world to reach Ethan, telling him they were the only two people in the world who had this power.

"Look Ethan," Mark had said. "We have more power than anyone could imagine. Can you think about things you could do?" Ethan had nodded. "Good. And we should never, ever do these things. You can use it when necessary but it's not good. Only use this power for the good, Ethan."

Mark had continued the lessons about how he could control it, how he should use it.

Two months later Mark had thought the younger boy everything he could learn. He bent down and whispered something in his ear, making the boy smile from ear to ear. He nodded enthusiastically. Mark hugged him, holding him close for a few seconds. "Good luck," he shouted from behind the glass while the train rode away. Ethan felt a few tears roll over his cheeks but a smile broke through. "I won't disappoint you, Mark!"

He put on his hood and walked onto the street. He was always bored, he could control people as he wanted so nothing was a challenge to him. He kicked against a tin laying on the streets. His power was a blessing but also a curse. Nothing was ever enough for him. He couldn't get a relationship, he couldn't kiss his parents goodbye. He cursed under his breath. Why can't I just be normal, he thought at least ten times a day.

He walked towards a bench in the park, the only place he could calm down. He put on music and closed his eyes. Everything went black with the sounds of his music running through his brain.

When Ethan opened his eyes again it was dark outside. His music stopped playing. He stood up and walked home, feeling tears well up in his eyes. Everyone who knew, even his parents, treated him like a monster. (A.N. No offence to mr. and mrs. Nestor...) They would yell at him and he couldn't eat dinner with them, he had to take it to his room and eat it on his own. His little brother of fifteen would bring friends home and bully him. "Freak," they would call him.

Worthless.

Monster.

Not normal.

Ugly.

He tried not to show it but the words were like knifes stabbing him. The worst part was that he thought it was true. He really thought he was a freak, that he was worthless, a monster, not normal and ugly.