An imaginary love

AN IMAGINARY LOVE

Edit: can you please stop comparing it to the forest fic of whatever? I'm getting pretty tired of half the comments being "oh it's the forest fic oh no". I have never even read it, and nobody likes hearing you "copied" something that you don't even know and obviously doesn't have a good reputation.

Tyler is Ethan's imaginary best friend. But as Ethan grows up, Tyler begins to fade.

Tyler was flying around in the white room. His hands in his pockets, and a bored expression on his face. Stone-faced Tyler, they called him here. He never smiled.

"Mark Fischbach!" a voice called. The redhead smiled widely and floated towards the gate that was the exit. It was decorated with white statues of angels and devils, showing that it was both the exit of the room and the entrance to the judge room.

The building they sat in existed of three rooms: First of all you had the Black Room. Kids around the age two to six were called there in their dreams to choose an imaginary friend. They would think they thought them up themselves while in reality they saw them all and picked one.

After the Black Room you had the White Room, where Tyler and the others sat in. In the White Room sat all the potential friends. Or the misfits, like Tyler. He refused to smile, coming over as "depressing" and "sad" on the little kids. He knew he would never get chosen, but he still had to hang around. For as long as it would take for a kid to choose him: eternity. And he would never age: staying at an age of six, but with a grown up mind.

Lastly you had the Blue Room. In the Blue Room there was a podium where the chosen friend would stand, answering questions asked by the Angels and Devils. They would ask questions to judge if he qualified as a good friend, and if he would go back to the White Room after he disappeared or if he would completely disappear.

Tyler sighed. He would go crazy if he had to stay here forever. He looked at the mirror wall and forced a smile on his face. It just looked scary. Not sweet or kind. And that is what kids wanted. A kind and cool friend.

"Good night sweetie," Ethan's mother said, pressing a kiss on her child's head. "Goodnight mommy." Ethan was three years old. His mother took care of him on her own, his father left when he heard she was pregnant. Ethan had never known him.

Ethan crawled in his bed and hugged his teddy bear close. "Goodnight Mr. Bear," he said to it. He closed his eyes and fell asleep immediately.

"Where am I?" he questioned when he woke up in a room that was completely black, except one wall that looked like a window with a view on a white room with a lot of people in it. "You're sleeping, sweetie," a sweet voice said. He looked around to see a woman with blonde and pink hair. "What do you mean?" "This is a dream." Ethan didn't understand. "O-okay?" The woman knelt until she could look him straight in his eyes. "I want you to answer a few questions, ok, dearie?" Ethan, who didn't understand anything, just nodded. "First of all, your name." "E-Ethan." "Last name?" "Nestor." "So Ethan, how old are you?" "I-I'm three," he said, holding up three fingers. The woman smiled. "Do you have a lot of friends?" Ethan nodded. "I have Mr Bear," he said, holding out his bear to the woman. She smiled and shook the bears paw. "Nice to meet you Mr Bear. I'm Louise." The boy smiled from ear to ear. "He liked you." "I'm glad."

"Now Ethan, we want you to choose one of these people here. They will become your friend." Ethan looked through the window. About fifty people were floating through the room. All with wide smiles, happy conversations and nice clothes. They looked a little older than himself. His eye fell on a pale boy with a black fringe and blue eyes. He looked so happy even though he was on his own. "Is everyone here always happy?" Louise nodded happily. "Yes, they all smile and are happy so you can be happy too." "But then what about him?" He pointed at Tyler, sitting on the floor with his head against the wall. He had his arms crossed and his eyes closed. "Oh him? That is Tyler. He is a little different. He never smiles. He is a sad boy, I wouldn't chose him. He can't make you happy." Louise smiled, though it was a little sad. She had to say it for her job, even though she pitied Tyler.