Colourless

Colourless

In which Tyler is a serious businessman who just needs a little excitement in his life, and he hopes the lonely boy in the park can give him.

"I'm Ethan," he introduced himself. "Tyler," the taller man said, offering his hand which Ethan shook. Suddenly Tyler's world was full of colour; the most wonderful thing he had ever seen. He didn't know the names of the colour but that didn't matter to him. It was beautiful "Do you see it too? All the colour?" Tyler almost tripped over his words in excitement.

Ethan smiled sweetly. "What colours?"

In this universe, when you touch your soulmate for the first time you see colours. Before that moment everything is in black and white. You can have mutual soulmates: When both people see the colours. And unrequited soulmates: only one person sees the colour. This rarely happens, there are about 200.000 unrequited soulmates in this world. The supposed "soulmate" of a person who is an unrequited soulmate moves on and gets another match. People who are requited soulmates are considered weirdos and freaks. They are called "The Rejects". But being called names doesn't hurt as much as losing their love of their life. '

"Call them in," Tyler announced through the phone. Not a second later the door opened and a businesswomen walked in. "I have a proposal," she said flirty. She rested her hand on his arm and leaned forward. "Yeah, please hurry up because else you're wasting my time." Tyler was hard and shielded. Admire, do not desire. His cold shell was the only thing protecting him from this kind of women. Oh, and that he wasn't into women.

The woman left the room disappointed. Her idea was shitty and her breasts didn't make up for it. Tyler sighed. He was happy with his life, but there was so little excitement. When the clock chimed, announcing his worktime was over, he didn't hesitate a moment to put on his coat and walk towards the park.

Tyler loved the park more than anything. It was silent, and peaceful. But that was not the only reason.

There he sat. A boy, a lot smaller than him. He always sat on the edge of the fountain, earbuds in, head leaned back and eyes closed. Tyler didn't know a lot about him, but he was very intrigued by the boy. He looked younger than him – who was 22, he inherited the business of his father – but still like an adult. Tyler guessed him between 18 and 20. He always wore a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt, hugging his figure tightly. He usually was chewing on some gum. And then late in the evening, he would sigh and walk away. Tyler wanted to know him. He wish he could see him in colour too. He betted he was even more gorgeous.

Tyler sat down at a bench, quite close to the fountain. He didn't want to stare at the boy, but he was just so beautiful. He was quietly singing along to his music, his words getting lost in the wind. His fingers tapped on the edge he was seated on. Every movement he did was so hypnotizing. He suddenly opened his eyes and stood up, hastily walking away.

Tyler was glad it was weekend. He wouldn't have to go to work, he could do it at home. And with at home, he meant in the park. He didn't need Wi-Fi, he just had to write some documents. And he could do it with company.

"You're early today," a smooth voice said. He quickly turned around, just to face the boy he always admired. He smiled, showing of his dimples. "What do you mean?" Tyler asked, running his hand through his curls. "You're always here in the evening. Today you're early," he explained simply. Tyler smiled. "You're right. Normally I come here as soon as I finish work. But today I don't have to work. What about you?" He smiled again. "I just like it here. It's peaceful."

"I'm Ethan," he introduced himself. "Tyler," the taller man said, offering his hand which Ethan shook. Suddenly Tyler's world was full of colour; the most wonderful thing he had ever seen. He didn't know the names of the colour but that didn't matter to him. It was beautiful "Do you see it too? All the colour?" Tyler almost tripped over his words in excitement.