Alive and dead

Alive and death

In which Tyler is a ghost hunter and Ethan a hyperactive and ADHD ghost.

He leaned backwards in his chair. Eyes closed, head titled – he could fall asleep in his chair. It was so peaceful. Unusually peaceful. No calls of people having ghosts, vampires or other haunting creatures. He eyed the phone and as giving a sign it started ringing.

"Tyler Scheid speaking. For all your ghost and monster problems." "Yes, this is Felix Kjellberg. We uh, think we have a...ghost." Tyler nodded, taking notes while listening to the Swedish accent on the other side of the phone. "I'll be there in an hour," he said, hanging up. He stretched with a smirk on his face. Finally some excitement.

It turned out to be easy to catch the ghost because of his depressing aura. Tyler shook his head; his machine had caught up the aura from far.

Ghosts always had the sad yet mysterious aura. Some were easy to catch because they didn't feel like doing anything, some were harder because they wanted to keep annoying the people. But no matter what, ghosts only existed to make people sad too – the worse the aura, the sadder the people became.

"I finished the business," he informed Mr and Mrs Kjellberg. He received the money, greeted and walked away. Like any other day.

He twirled around on his chair. The phone rang again. "Hello. Tyler Scheid for all your ghost and monster problems," he answered automatically. "Yeah hello, I'm Mark Fischbach and we want you to take care of our ghost. It's been bothering us for some time but it won't leave." Tyler received the address. "I'll be there as soon as possible."

Tyler walked around the house, unable to catch any depressing aura. "Where the fuck are you?" "Oi!" He looked where the voice came from. "Keep it down, will ya? I'm trying to sleep here!" He quietly walked into the room the voice came from and was surprised to see a ghost boy floating in the air. He had no depressing aura whatsoever – on the contrary, it was quite enlightening. It made him want to smile and be happy. The boy also smiled brightly, sitting mid-air cross-legged and his hands on his feet. He had the brightest smile Tyler had ever seen. "Hi," he beamed. "I don't know you!" "Oh, hi, I'm Tyler," he stuttered. Why was he suddenly so shy? Also, why did he introduce himself to a ghost?

"I'm Ethan," the boy smiled. Hi nice to meet you. And now I'll have to kill you, was the blunt solution. But when Ethan flew around in circles quickly through the room, and stopped in front of him with bright eyes, Tyler wasn't able to pull the trigger. "You need to leave this house." Ethan's face fell. "Oh...but w-where do I go?" He felt his heart break in half when the boy's blue eyes became wet. "You can go with me," he suggested, immediately mentally face-palming himself. Ethan smiled widely. "Really?" "Really," he sighed.

"Thank you," Mr Fischbach shook his hand and handed him the money. "My pleasure," he mumbled. Not really, he mentally added when a ghost flew around with the speed of light.

"Ethan! Get away from there!" Ethan looked around. He sat on the chandelier, swinging back and forward while humming a song. "Why are you in human form? It'll break!" He pouted. "But it's fun!" he said, jumping down. Tyler was shocked to say the least – was he crazy? He would hurt himself! He ran forward to catch him, but at the last moment Ethan changed to a ghost, loosely floating above the ground. He eyed Tyler, who was standing with his arms open and a blush on his face. Ethan smiled widely. "Aw...you wanted to catch me?" Tyler shove his hands in his pockets. "Of course. I needed to take care of you." He looked away to hide his embarrassment. "Next time I won't save you."

Ethan had been staying for over two weeks and Tyler had become attached to him to say the least. The boy always made him smile, he could never keep up his cold mask. He made his head light and his heart flutter.