Royal

Royal // Flower Boy

Prince Tyler disguises himself as a commoner and sneaks out of the palace to see the flower festival from a commoners point of view. Ethan, a simple peasant selling flowers, hands him one.

Tyler Scheid. There was no one in the country who didn't know his name.

He was the next in line to be the king of Maruva. So much of him was known, more than Tyler would have liked. But there was no escaping it.

Luckily there was one thing that nobody knew about him. Because in every class where he learned about how to rule the country he wished he could be among the people he learned about. He knew it wasn't possible and he wanted to inherit the throne, he just wanted to be among the people he was supposed to be an example for.

"Your highness? Your Highness!"

Tyler was interrupted from his train of thoughts by his French teacher.

"My goodness, Your Highness, you should be paying more attention if you want to be a heir," the teacher said, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Now, repeat after me-"

One word out of her mouth and Tyler spaced off again.

~

"Tyler, your teachers have been complaining."

Tyler didn't look up from stabbing his chicken with his fork.

"They say you have been distant and not paying attention."

Tyler looked up at his parents. His father looked angry and disappointed and his mother looked worried and a bit angry.

"What's been going on?"

"Nothing, just haven't been feeling well recently," Tyler said. His parents eyes him up and down once again and resumed diner.

~

Tyler made up his mind. He would sneak out of the castle, and go to the town. How, when and why he didn't know. He would grab a cape from the maids quarters and jump on a horse to escape the castle. Tonight, preferably.

A knock on the door sounded, and Tyler shouted that they could come in. In the door opening stood Amy, a blonde maid.

"What's on your mind?" she asked as she set down dessert on a plate on his desk.

"Amy, you're from the village aren't you?"

The blonde nodded, sitting down on his bed. Amy had been his friend for a long time, and while his parents would never allow a close friendship between a servant and a master, they couldn't help but befriend each other. When they were kids they were the only ones around the same age, and Tyler was already so lonely.

"Yes, why?"

Tyler put his head in his hands.

"I'm 21 years old, and have never been outside the castle except for when my father takes me to business trips. I just want to live my life, and for that, I think I have to go outside."

Amy wasn't even shocked.

"Yeah, I think so too."

Tyler looked up.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I think you should go. Meet people, do things. Nobody should be locked up inside a room all day. When I turned 21, I went to the city with a bunch of friends, drinking, having fun! When you turned 21, you did your Diplomatic homework and studies for eight hours straight."