DNA MATCHMAKER

DNA MATCHMAKER

It's the future and your DNA is changed so that it matches who you're going to love. This person is chosen by the government. But somehow Ethan could never love the person he was "made" for. He gets chased by the government. He escapes and meets Tyler, leader of the rebellion. They think the government shouldn't choose who you're supposed to love.

THE YEAR 2144

Ethan nervously played with his electronic bracelet. It held all his information: his name, date of birth, specialities, job, etc. With one flick of his wrist, the matchmaker would load all his information onto his computer and search for a match. They would change him as a person and "create" a soulmate. He swallowed. What he despised the most about this system was that they weren't actually soulmates. Their DNA would attract him to this mystery person and change his personal preferences so it matches her personality. Her. Because the government obviously doesn't care about your sexual preferences. Who cared if the thought of being with a girl made him puke? Haha, obviously not the government.

Ethan had reached the age of 18 so he was "ready" for meeting his soulmate. And that is why he stood in the waiting room, sweating and feeling sick to his stomach. He wasn't ready, even though he was of "Matching Age". He just wasn't ready for his whole preference in people to be changed, and to find the person he's supposed to spend his whole life with.

The person would be chosen pertaining to his job. If he was a scientist, he would get a scientific wife, or at least an intelligent one. If you were a gardener you would get a wife who appreciates and cares for nature. But Ethan...Ethan was a game programmer. He would design games, for the newly designed game helmet which takes you into the game, without having to move. He had designed multiple games, so what kind of person would he get? Somebody who loved gaming? One of those "gamer girls"? He sighed. He would find out quick enough as they reached the letter N in their alphabetic last name calling.

"Nestor, Ethan!" Ethan was pulled out of his thoughts when his name echoed through the room. He stepped out of the cabin in which he was waiting. His door had opened the moment his name on the screen lit up green. He almost tripped when walking quickly out of the room.

"Ethan Nestor." The lady looked him over, with a nearly invisible glass of information separating them. "Correct?" He swallowed before replying to her thoughts. It was a system invented to make customers feel comfortable by knowing what was thought about them. Ethan didn't feel very comfortable, however. "Correct," he said with shaking voice. "Well then, could you bring up your information?" Ethan flicked his wrist and a large screen of information separated them.

"I see. Thank you. Please proceed through the door behind me." Ethan nodded, bit his lip and stood up. "What a cute boy," he heard behind him. He smiled – but somehow the stone on his stomach weighed even heavier.

"If you would just lay down here." Ethan laid down on the floating chair. He closed his eyes and heard two male voices. "He has a preference in guys..." "Poor boy. Gay people really aren't accepted here – it's even changed." "Yes but they like guys...isn't that disgusting?" "Of course not! It's natural. I think the only disgusting thing here is that people try to change who they love." Ethan heard a gasp and felt a tingle in his body. He knew the changing just started. "Then why do you work here?" "Because otherwise I wouldn't have a job. Plus, these people don't know better." He sighed. "I still think it's stupid. I was in love with someone a year older than me, and losing them was to somebody else was the most painful experience I've ever had." "But don't you have someone now?" "Yes, but it's not the same as them..." "Them? Was it...a man?" "No. I say them. I mean them. They were agender." A short and sarcastic laughter filled the room. "That's not possible." "It is. They married a male afterwards, but they don't have a gender. Please respect that." The tingle stopped, and Ethan knew he was done. He stood up and smiled at the man who talked about his agender lover he had, but he ignored the other male. "Thanks," he mumbled and hurried away.